The Student Room Group

I like this Bulgarian girl and need advice

Alright, finally time to make a thread on this... It may be long. So i met this girl in a study area. She messaged me to ask if she can come over to get help from me with coursework, i was like yeah sure hyped i would be talking to some new girl. Over the next few days we msg a lil bit and get to know each other. Until we realise we have the exact same music taste, love travelling, and do the same degree... She literally ticked all of the boxes. However, i am struggling to know if she likes me in this way or not. As she does initiate conversations sometimes, but they normally lead on to coursework, but i just think it is because we haven't known each other that long and there is literally nothing else for us to talk about apart from music and where we live. It's been probably a month since we first met, i have asked her to hang out like twice, we hung out only once in our student union for like an hour. She once sat and did work with me as well. I have heard Bulgarian girls take a while to get to know and I mean, she lived in Bulgaria her whole life till uni so she is as Bulgarian as they get lol. i just don't know if she is just using me for coursework or is interested in me at this point. She has called me 'mate' once and sometimes says bruh to me, but idk if it's because she doesn't know too much english and is just following what words others use. Please give me some advice :smile:
Reply 1
Hi. Ask her out, like out out. Nothing to do with studing, courses, uni etc. If she likes you, she'll go for it. If not... well at least you know...
Reply 2
Original post by CaraJ
Hi. Ask her out, like out out. Nothing to do with studing, courses, uni etc. If she likes you, she'll go for it. If not... well at least you know...

Wym ask her out? Like how do i make it sound out out. I said we could hang out and go bowling once, does that count? She just avoided it with saying she was thinking why not just the student union.
Reply 3
You just go to her and ask her if she has plans for one night (say for example friday night). And that you thought that you could go out and drink something or a pizza or anything where is just the 2 of you, walk around the city/ park . If she says yes... you get a chance. if she avoids it again...than i'm sorry to say she might not be interested in you in that way. Also you can watch if she touches you when you two talk...like a small touch on you arm, hand, back this is a sign she likes you. If she doesn't do that, see her reaction if you make this gestures (keep it polite and not too much- just a light touch on her hand while talking with eachother something small to see how she reacts ). If she distances herself from you..it's not good. *Sorry for any grammar mistakes (not my first language)*
Reply 4
Original post by CaraJ
You just go to her and ask her if she has plans for one night (say for example friday night). And that you thought that you could go out and drink something or a pizza or anything where is just the 2 of you, walk around the city/ park . If she says yes... you get a chance. if she avoids it again...than i'm sorry to say she might not be interested in you in that way. Also you can watch if she touches you when you two talk...like a small touch on you arm, hand, back this is a sign she likes you. If she doesn't do that, see her reaction if you make this gestures (keep it polite and not too much- just a light touch on her hand while talking with eachother something small to see how she reacts ). If she distances herself from you..it's not good. *Sorry for any grammar mistakes (not my first language)*

Well when we hung out for an hour in the student union her mates knew to **** off. But, yeah i guess i have to say something like that, where i am kind of going at it's only the two of us. Thanks
Reply 5
Good luck !!! Hope it goes you're way :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Alright, finally time to make a thread on this... It may be long. So i met this girl in a study area. She messaged me to ask if she can come over to get help from me with coursework, i was like yeah sure hyped i would be talking to some new girl. Over the next few days we msg a lil bit and get to know each other. Until we realise we have the exact same music taste, love travelling, and do the same degree... She literally ticked all of the boxes. However, i am struggling to know if she likes me in this way or not. As she does initiate conversations sometimes, but they normally lead on to coursework, but i just think it is because we haven't known each other that long and there is literally nothing else for us to talk about apart from music and where we live. It's been probably a month since we first met, i have asked her to hang out like twice, we hung out only once in our student union for like an hour. She once sat and did work with me as well. I have heard Bulgarian girls take a while to get to know and I mean, she lived in Bulgaria her whole life till uni so she is as Bulgarian as they get lol. i just don't know if she is just using me for coursework or is interested in me at this point. She has called me 'mate' once and sometimes says bruh to me, but idk if it's because she doesn't know too much english and is just following what words others use. Please give me some advice :smile:

You don't know whether she is interested in you because you have not asked her so how would she know? How about asking her out and nothing about studies? It should be easy seeing as she already sits down with you.Ask her about her life in Bulgaria etc. If she agrees to go on a date with you- relax! Bring a gift with you! Be yourself. Don't overthink everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending