The Student Room Group

Tourists trouble in Bulgaria?

Me and my friend had a drunken night out in a club in sunny Beach. We are from the UK. We were very drunk and left the club out the back where we say for a bit before my friend had the great idea to get on a scooter a guy had just left as he went into the club. She rode it like 10 seconds round the corner n left it down a ally way bit seconds from the club. I did not go on the scooter n tried to stop her.

Anywayas we woke up to stress as my friend had added the club rep on Instagram she woke up the a bunch of threatening messaging from the club, rep girl and owner or scooter claiming we stole the scooter. They are threatening with police and to sue and to constant boarder control before our flight back. They say if we pay or find scooter that's fine and say we have camera elsewhere we will know you took it when we literally did no and other cameras will show us walking.

My question is will anything actually happen are the police going to be involved will we be stopped? And I assume we shud probably stay in the hotel away from everything lol.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
We were very drunk

So no-one is likely to have much sympathy for you - including the Bulgarian police.
Why do you start your stupid story by admitting the scooter was stolen and end your stupid story by claiming it wasn't?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Why do you start your stupid story by admitting the scooter was stolen and end your stupid story by claiming it wasn't?

But we didn't steal it... its in the same area it was before she got in it. And it's jot even Mr its my friend. Why u gotta be rude I'm just asking what the consequences could be for my friend.
Original post by Anonymous
But we didn't steal it... its in the same area it was before she got in it. And it's jot even Mr its my friend. Why u gotta be rude I'm just asking what the consequences could be for my friend.

Taking a vehicle that isn't yours is stealing, where you took it isn't the point, so why try to then deny is was stolen? It was either you or you were a direct witness, so either way you will be of interest to the police. - ergo your story is stupid.
Reply 5
How was the law broken? Let me count the (potential) ways: stolen vehicle, joyriding, drink driving, no helmet, no licence...

Yep, that's a lot of ways your friend could be in trouble!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending