The Student Room Group

Too tired to write essay dilemma, help!?

So I have an essay to write for English lit due tomorrow at 9. I have written about 1/4th of the essay but I'm beginning to feel really tired and not like I'm writing to my usual standard.

Do I (A) attempt to power through until it is done (any tips to wake myself up?)

(B) Go to sleep now and wake up at 5 giving myself less time but POSSIBLY feeling more awake

(C) Go to sleep for a few hours and wake up at like 2 try and finish the essay and go back to sleep.

I really don't know what to do anyone had experience with this? I'm usually quite on top of homework etc.
Mb just don’t do it
Reply 2
Original post by Afterlife?
Mb just don’t do it

I kinda need to, it's the last practice essay before my exam
Original post by Admera
I kinda need to, it's the last practice essay before my exam

How many words is this essay supposed to be
Reply 4
How many words is this essay supposed to be

not about word count, I have to compare two texts on a theme, in about three paragraphs (Page and a half per para) and I've written one lol
omg im in the same position as you rn.. i shouldn't even be here lool . but just power through.. A and then you'll sleep satisfied trust me
oh is that it , lool nah mines longer but point still stands - power throughh
Original post by Admera
not about word count, I have to compare two texts on a theme, in about three paragraphs (Page and a half per para) and I've written one lol
Reply 7
Original post by anon123a
omg im in the same position as you rn.. i shouldn't even be here lool . but just power through.. A and then you'll sleep satisfied trust me

Ahh had a feeling I wouldn't be alone aha! Best of luck with your essay, yeah I'm trying to power through might sleep for an hour but idk if that will make things better or worse lol
Reply 8
oh is that it , lool nah mines longer but point still stands - power throughh

ik it doesn't sound like much but they require more thinking power than the amount I have right now aha
Write a load of brief bullet points that sum up all the points you want to make. Then, expand on the bullet points and add references in and such and do the bibliography! This method breaks up the daunting feeling of having the whole assignment to do.
Original post by Admera
So I have an essay to write for English lit due tomorrow at 9. I have written about 1/4th of the essay but I'm beginning to feel really tired and not like I'm writing to my usual standard.

Do I (A) attempt to power through until it is done (any tips to wake myself up?)

(B) Go to sleep now and wake up at 5 giving myself less time but POSSIBLY feeling more awake

(C) Go to sleep for a few hours and wake up at like 2 try and finish the essay and go back to sleep.

I really don't know what to do anyone had experience with this? I'm usually quite on top of homework etc.
Original post by Admera
Ahh had a feeling I wouldn't be alone aha! Best of luck with your essay, yeah I'm trying to power through might sleep for an hour but idk if that will make things better or worse lol

Don’t sleep it’s way harder to wake up when u fall asleep
Original post by Admera

think it'll make things worse tbh.. What is this GCSE ? a-LEVELS?
Reply 12
think it'll make things worse tbh.. What is this GCSE ? a-LEVELS?

Yeah you're probably right - A level
Reply 13
Don’t sleep it’s way harder to wake up when u fall asleep

Yeah that's true, probably not worth the risk
Original post by Admera

Honestly just power through, even if it's just for an hour. Set yourself a goal to work for one hour with no distractions then perhaps have a little rest. You'll be able to rest easier knowing you've done SOME work, rather than none at all (speaking from experience).
Original post by freddicle
Write a load of brief bullet points that sum up all the points you want to make. Then, expand on the bullet points and add references in and such and do the bibliography! This method breaks up the daunting feeling of having the whole assignment to do.

lol damn i wish i heard that at the beginning of the course not one year after i graduated

Quick Reply

Latest