hinsyo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi everyone,

This is Yoyo from Macau I've received offers from Birmingham, Leeds and Birmingham for BA Education Studies and I'm deciding between them. Since I'm an international student, I don't have the chance to actually walk around the campuses. I'd like to stay in a green, spacious, natural campus. Are the classrooms of Leeds modern? Which uni has the best accommodation? Which city is more safe and friendly? Which uni has a better reputation and higher quality of teaching in this field? I'd appreciate if someone is willing to help me out. Big thanks and good luck
Last edited by hinsyo; 10 months ago
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
StarLinyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hinsyo)
Hi everyone,

This is Yoyo from Macau I've received offers from Birmingham, Leeds and Birmingham for BA Education Studies and I'm deciding between them. Since I'm an international student, I don't have the chance to actually walk around the campuses. I'd like to stay in a green, spacious, natural campus. Are the classrooms of Leeds modern? Which uni has the best accommodation? Which city is more safe and friendly? Which uni has a better reputation and higher quality of teaching in this field? I'd appreciate if someone is willing to help me out. Big thanks and good luck
If you want green spaces, then Birmingham will offer this to some extent, and not the others. Reputation wise they are all at about the same level, although for your subject I have no idea.
AnnaMirjam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For Education, in Guardian League Table for these 3 universities Birmingham is 19th, Sheffield is 26th and Sheffield is 65th, which is a big difference I think. The Complete University Guide puts Birmingham for 5th, Sheffield 28th and Leeds 32th.
Overall, I don't know how important are the league tables for you, but still a factor to consider. About the community and other stuff, I can't say anything because I'm also an international student and only applied to Leeds but for a totally different course.
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AnnaMirjam)
For Education, in Guardian League Table for these 3 universities Birmingham is 19th, Sheffield is 26th and Sheffield is 65th, which is a big difference I think. The Complete University Guide puts Birmingham for 5th, Sheffield 28th and Leeds 32th.
Overall, I don't know how important are the league tables for you, but still a factor to consider. About the community and other stuff, I can't say anything because I'm also an international student and only applied to Leeds but for a totally different course.
The subject tables are a very poor method for assessing the quality of a course.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by StarLinyx)
If you want green spaces, then Birmingham will offer this to some extent, and not the others. Reputation wise they are all at about the same level, although for your subject I have no idea.
Sheffield is often called the green city and there's three parks in the campus area plus a few other green areas inside the university area. The student villages are in very green areas and right next to the botanical gardens. And there's also a few hourly buses which go from campus and the uni region into the peak District. If Birmingham is significantly ahead on that then the entire campus must be a garden.
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Sheffield is often called the green city and there's three parks in the campus area plus a few other green areas inside the university area. The student villages are in very green areas and right next to the botanical gardens. And there's also a few hourly buses which go from campus and the uni region into the peak District. If Birmingham is significantly ahead on that then the entire campus must be a garden.
I can only speak for the campus green areas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads