The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glagsgow accomodation Cairncross

Hi,

I am an offer holder at the University of Glasgow and has to make my preference for accommodation. That's why I would like to ask you guys about the difference between Cairncross Single Standart and Large Single Standart Room. Specifically, I am interested in the size of the beds in the rooms- are they the same size or does the large room have a bigger bed? Unfortunately, I can't find much information on the internet, that's why I would be extremely grateful if you could outline the main differences between Cairncross Single Standart and Large Single Standart Room, so I could make my choice of preference.

I have read that there is an option in some of the halls that you can help the staff for certain hours a month and you get a discount on the rental fee. Is there such an option for Cairncross House?
If you look on Facebook (or just google it) there are 360 virtual tours of the single standard and large single standard rooms for you to compare. I don’t think the bed is bigger (though I can’t say for sure), the main differences are just that it’s quite a bit bigger and has an extra chest of drawers and a sofa in the room.

Working in the living support staff does reduce your rent significantly however it is meant for later year undergraduates who stayed in the residence in their first year and so know all about it as the role is mainly helping freshers settle in etc so they don’t usually hire first years unfortunately. Hope this helped :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending