The Student Room Group

Ucl application for Law

Hi so my school has asked me where I’m planning on applying and I’ve narrowed my options down and I have 4 that I’m definitely applying for.
KCL
Durham
Warwick. All of these are Straight LLB Law.
And then I’m applying at LSE for anthropology and law.
I’ve also been round UCl and I quite liked the uni and it’s location. Is the social side good? What’s its international reputation like? ( I may want to work abroad)
I’ve achieved 4A* 4A 2B at IGCSE an A* in my EPQ ( I wrote a Historical fiction Novella ) and I study economics, English lit and History. Prediction either A*A*A or A*AA. Should I also go for UCL? Would a candidate like myself stand a chance for an offer?
I coulda sworn this is the 17th thread you've created on this topic.
I am a student at UCL and my grades were A*A*A*A (Maths, Economics, History and Philosophy) with 8 A* at GCSE and 2 B's (B's were in English Literature and Art), social side is good but still not great, my halls are mostly international and I am technically international but went to boarding school in UK for 7 years so not really relating to many of them much. I was worried about this when applying so I was thinking of firming Bristol or Durham instead since they are very good socially and both are equivalent to UCL in UK reputation - maybe consider this. I picked UCL in the end because I have some family in London and my twin brother also chose to go here so yeah haaha that was probably a big factor
Ok so the social side is average. I like the idea of being in London and having a life outside of uni so that’s why I’m considering UCL, is it similar to KCL and LSE in terms of education ect?
Original post by ArchieHunt
Ok so the social side is average. I like the idea of being in London and having a life outside of uni so that’s why I’m considering UCL, is it similar to KCL and LSE in terms of education ect?

I think that all London unis teach similarly - not sure. If you ask about reputation I think LSE is better and UCL is perhaps above KCL slightly from what many people say - but just note I didn't apply for KCL or LSE so have not done much research!
Yeah I mean in terms of reputation I think they UCL and LSE trump KCL but to me that doesn’t matter. I like the location of UCl how much are their halls?
Yeah I mean in terms of reputation I think they UCL and LSE trump KCL but to me that doesn’t matter. I like the location of UCl how much are their halls?

I am in catered and mine are around £220 per week
Yeah about what I expected, are London halls social as I go to boarding school and I wonder how the vibe of it differs?
Yeah about what I expected, are London halls social as I go to boarding school and I wonder how the vibe of it differs?

Very different to boarding school - perhaps I am unlucky as many of people in my halls aren't talkative and also the cafeteria is often quite empty at meal time even though we are catered, I think UCL is better for social stuff than LSE and there are many societies and sports which I have got involved in and made friends that way instead of my halls
I will probably join the running team, Law society ect when I am at uni so I could make friends that way. Do people your On the course with talk much or is it quite solitary?
I will probably join the running team, Law society ect when I am at uni so I could make friends that way. Do people your On the course with talk much or is it quite solitary?

No course is good I have made friends and enjoy it, a lot of friends from law society also
If you want to apply to UCL do it as you’ll stand a chance at an offer.

You know you stand a chance as everyone has told you so why ask again?

Sometimes I wonder if people just want to brag.
ace the lnat and why not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending