The Student Room Group

LNAT deadline for UCL and KCL

I have recently converted to law rather than psychology which is what I previously intended to study at uni, for this reason I just found out about the LNAT exam; Two of my options are UCL and Kings college which means they require an LNAT. I managed to find a space for the 11th of January. however both of the uni websites specify that the LNAT should be done by the 31st of December although their deadline for the ucas application is later in January which is making me very stressed, if I do it on the 11th will my application not be considered or will this effect my application in any way?
If the universities state the 31 December then that is when you need to complete it by. The only people who can advice you for definite are the admissions officers there. However given that both universities will be over subscribed for Law I very much doubt they will need to make an exception for you. Looking elsewhere appears to be your most likely option.
Reply 2
I have recently converted to law rather than psychology which is what I previously intended to study at uni, for this reason I just found out about the LNAT exam; Two of my options are UCL and Kings college which means they require an LNAT. I managed to find a space for the 11th of January. however both of the uni websites specify that the LNAT should be done by the 31st of December although their deadline for the ucas application is later in January which is making me very stressed, if I do it on the 11th will my application not be considered or will this effect my application in any way?
Original post by al1navll

KCL make it very clear on their Law page, here: "Due to the competitive nature of the programme, we will be unable to consider your application further if you have not sat your LNAT by 31 December."

UCL are equally unambiguous here: "If you do not take the LNAT by the 31 December 2023 deadline, your application will be regarded as a late application, and therefore we will not be able to consider you for a place on one of our LLB degree programmes in the relevant admissions cycle, even if your original application was submitted by the UCAS deadline of 31 January 2024."

If you take your LNAT on 11th January, then there is no point applying to either KCL or UCL. Sorry. :frown:
(Duplicate threads merged.)
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
KCL make it very clear on their Law page, here: "Due to the competitive nature of the programme, we will be unable to consider your application further if you have not sat your LNAT by 31 December."

UCL are equally unambiguous here: "If you do not take the LNAT by the 31 December 2023 deadline, your application will be regarded as a late application, and therefore we will not be able to consider you for a place on one of our LLB degree programmes in the relevant admissions cycle, even if your original application was submitted by the UCAS deadline of 31 January 2024."

If you take your LNAT on 11th January, then there is no point applying to either KCL or UCL. Sorry. :frown:

Thank you , I wish I would be made a definite course decision sooner. One more question, for both of the unis I have a contextual offer, does this make any difference in the LNAT process?
Original post by al1navll
Thank you , I wish I would be made a definite course decision sooner. One more question, for both of the unis I have a contextual offer, does this make any difference in the LNAT process?

Their web site doesn't describe any relaxation of the LNAT deadline for contextual applicants, so I would assume not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending