Residentials in the summer of Y11?? Watch

myginseoul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello!

I'm a new member of TSR, so I apologise if this is in the wrong place!

I've been looking for some free/non-expensive summer residential courses after my exams, and I've not had much luck so far. I've applied to Cyberfirst futures (but now i'm stuck on a waiting list...) and the Cambridge Trinity Stonehouse Residential (still waiting to hear back from that!) but that's about it. NCS is too long of a commitment for me, and from what I hear the quality of the course greatly depends on where you live anyway :/

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any summer courses, in particular around the West Midlands (although i'll probably be able to travel if the course is long enough!) I'm particularly interested in university taster courses, as well as anything to do with French, German or Computing (my A-Level choices lol).

Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by myginseoul; 1 month ago
lifebeyondthis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’ve looked literally everywhere for cheap or free summer course type things, however they all seem to be in London or halfway across the country. I applied for Cyberfirst in the end, cause the other courses were well over £300 and only 2/3 days long.(I was on the waiting list for Cyberfirst too until recently lol) hope u found something
myginseoul
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Are cyberfirst clearing down their waiting list then? I still don’t have anything yet, but i’m glad you got a place!
lifebeyondthis
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah I applied last year and got in last minute, however I couldn’t make it at that point, but people generally started to drop out about this time, and I got an offer the week before the residential 😂
I hope u get in, I’m a tad scared cause I don’t know what to expect lol
myginseoul
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
ah thank you! I’m trying for warwick, I think it would be really fun if I went but if not then idk haha

might just get a part time job over summer or something,,, see some friends who live up north and south,, i just really need to use my time for something useful 😅
(Original post by lifebeyondthis)
Yeah I applied last year and got in last minute, however I couldn’t make it at that point, but people generally started to drop out about this time, and I got an offer the week before the residential 😂
I hope u get in, I’m a tad scared cause I don’t know what to expect lol
lifebeyondthis
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
😂 i just got into Warwick, so they seem to be making some progress, but at the end of the day, there’s loads more courses for y12/13 that y11, so there’s always that opportunity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.27%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.78%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
8.02%

Watched Threads