The Student Room Group

EDUQAS/WJEC A-Level Geography Component 1 - 22nd May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Same like I couldn’t find any threads on this exam board but I knew there must be at least one other person to cry to about it
Original post by confused320
I am actually amazed to find people on the same weird, annoying exam board! I do Glaciation and obviously Changing Places
Reply 21
Today is the day everyone! You’re all going to do great and we can all enjoy a good post-mortem of the exam later!! Remember: case studies, case studies, case studies!😁

I hope al the questions work in your favour, good luck!!😇🍀🍀
Reply 22
Good Luck to you all!!
Original post by heather_19
Today is the day everyone! You’re all going to do great and we can all enjoy a good post-mortem of the exam later!! Remember: case studies, case studies, case studies!😁

I hope al the questions work in your favour, good luck!!😇🍀🍀
That was honestly awful. I missed out an 8 marker as well coz I didn’t see it.
Reply 24
I thought the questions were good but I ran out of time so couldn’t answer them as well as I wanted to! I spent 1 hour on the coasts section then was like oh no I only have 45 mins for changing places! The 15 marker on one or two landforms that are produced by long shore drift was beaut! For the choice to explain the formation of coral reefs or mangrove swamps I chose coral reefs which was alright. The only question I stumbled on was the one in changing places one about how fast internet speeds may be needed in rural areas. I was like ermmmm😂
Original post by sooty2000
That was honestly awful. I missed out an 8 marker as well coz I didn’t see it.
That was awful
Original post by Olive04
I thought the questions were good but I ran out of time so couldn’t answer them as well as I wanted to! I spent 1 hour on the coasts section then was like oh no I only have 45 mins for changing places! The 15 marker on one or two landforms that are produced by long shore drift was beaut! For the choice to explain the formation of coral reefs or mangrove swamps I chose coral reefs which was alright. The only question I stumbled on was the one in changing places one about how fast internet speeds may be needed in rural areas. I was like ermmmm😂

I did glaciation so can’t comment on coasts!! But yeah, 8 marks on that?? And how does that relate to anything we’ve learnt?? 😂 I just said ageing population, maybe one rural area has more younger people and people working from home. And also about second homes etc
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by EllaBoys7
That was awful

Completely agree. Were you doing glaciation?
That was awful

Completely agree. Did you do glaciation?
The changing places one about external agencies...... Yeah that didn't go well :redface:
Reply 29
I literally had to rush that questions so I just mentioned Ebbw Vale and moved on 😂
Original post by nickyconnnm123
The changing places one about external agencies...... Yeah that didn't go well :redface:
Reply 30
Yeah I wrote about rural-urban migration and counter-urbanisation and was like families and young people move to the area so need the internet 😂
I did glaciation so can’t comment on coasts!! But yeah, 8 marks on that?? And how does that relate to anything we’ve learnt?? 😂 I just said ageing population, maybe one rural area has more younger people and people working from home. And also about second homes etc
That was awful
Completely agree. Were you doing glaciation?

Yes I did glaciation
Original post by nickyconnnm123

Oh yeah same... we hadn’t done a case study for external!!! Just talked about Salford Quays (it’s not external but couldn’t think of anything else!!) and neighbourhood renewal fund, city challenge and new deal for communities.
That was awful

It was 😭😭
That was awful

Yep glaciation was awful. Don’t think I’ve ever felt so bad after an exam. Even found the first glaciation question about the photos difficult!!
Managed to miss the easiest two marks on the paper...... the question about suggest reasons for the negative mass balance of the glacier..... just didn't see it.

I thought one of the hardest things was actually working out where to put the question number with all the a's/b's/i's/ii's :frown:
I thought that question was so stupid. Focus on a rebranded rural area and explained why they needed it and then a case study for a declining rural village, said about the ageing population and the fact they don't need it basically....
Reply 36
okay I'm so glad you also had trouble with the question number things - that was literally the most stressful part of the exam for me, I thought it was just being inept at writing question numbers 😂
Managed to miss the easiest two marks on the paper...... the question about suggest reasons for the negative mass balance of the glacier..... just didn't see it.

I thought one of the hardest things was actually working out where to put the question number with all the a's/b's/i's/ii's :frown:

Omg seems like everyone seems to be not seeing the questions then!! The answer system is stupid, so easy to accidentally overlook a question, I accidentally missed out an 8 marker coz I didn’t see it... gutted. The one about fluvioglacial erosion.

And omg yes I didn’t know where to put the is or iis either, stupid system imo.
Same here
Original post by heather_19
okay I'm so glad you also had trouble with the question number things - that was literally the most stressful part of the exam for me, I thought it was just being inept at writing question numbers 😂
Reply 39
What did you guys get for the Spearman rank question on the changing places section?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending