The Student Room Group

medicine personal statement and job teaching children

hey, so I’m y12 and I recently got a job which requires teaching little children. I was wondering if I could utilise as work experience/volunteering that medicine application requires (on top of clinal work experience) and how I could talk about the job in my personal statement
I don’t think it would be considered clinical experience (and therefore wouldn’t count towards any requirements on that front) but it’s definitely worth mentioning because it shows enthusiasm to work with people, communication skills, motivation etc as well as any specific skills you’ve learned during it
Reply 2
Original post by goldilocks12
I don’t think it would be considered clinical experience (and therefore wouldn’t count towards any requirements on that front) but it’s definitely worth mentioning because it shows enthusiasm to work with people, communication skills, motivation etc as well as any specific skills you’ve learned during it

it count as caring doesn’t it? Cause they require clinical work experience and caring role. For clinical I’m hopefully starting hospital volunteering soon and I’ve done a gp placement so this job would count for the caring aspect?
Reply 3
It’s a teaching job at my local mosque, so I will be teaching them how to read and understand Arabic as well as subjects relating to islam. I’m in charge of a whole class of year 1s (not year 1 in school but year 1 in mosque)
Original post by annoymous_
it count as caring doesn’t it? Cause they require clinical work experience and caring role. For clinical I’m hopefully starting hospital volunteering soon and I’ve done a gp placement so this job would count for the caring aspect?

Yeah I think you’re right, if you need clinical and caring then that should be fine. One of my friends teaches at her mosque which was on her statement and she got offers for dentistry
Reply 5
Original post by goldilocks12
Yeah I think you’re right, if you need clinical and caring then that should be fine. One of my friends teaches at her mosque which was on her statement and she got offers for dentistry

Aw that’s great to hear for her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending