The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2020 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Annafx95
Hi, yeah it was yesterday! It was okay I think. There was a written task and group thing like they said in the email but there was a maths test at the end which was really hard. There was the maths question and then questions about the question if that makes sense. If I could give you any advice it would be to do the questions about the question first. I did the math bit first and it took me ages to try and work it out so hardly had any time at the end for the question. if I don’t get in it’ll be because if that!

Hope this helps and lots of luck! Xx

Thank you so much- definitely really helpful advice. It sounds like you managed very well considering the maths aspect was previously unannounced! Oh was there no one on one interview?

A million thanks and I've got my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Miasf
Thank you so much- definitely really helpful advice. It sounds like you managed very well considering the maths aspect was previously unannounced! Oh was there no one on one interview?

A million thanks and I've got my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

No problem! Hopefully 🤞No one on one, I wish there was instead of the maths 😂 thank you and good luck Xx
Hi there, I have an interview at Strathclyde on Wednesday for PDGE Art and Design. Does anybody have any insight on what should be involved in the presentation. It says it has to be on Contemporary Art and Art and Design Education - but I am unsure how to go about it.Also if anybody else has been for the interview - what were the interview questions like?Any help would be really appreciated
Original post by Kgs.art.94
I have just been invited for interview at Strathclyde for next Wednesday- eek. I don't feel prepared at all and had hoped I would be invited in early February as my physical folio is actually in my parent's house due to my my ceiling caving in at my own place. It's all a nightmare! However, it asks me to prepare a presentation on "contemporary art and art and design education" which I feel is very open. Does anyone have advice on what it is they're looking for?
Is it looking for you to talk about the place of contemporary practice in the current curriculum or is it for you to consider what contemporary practices you could use in the classroom or is it looking for the role of art and design education in the context of contemporary art world?

I'd really appreciate any advice that can be offered. :smile:

Hi there, I have my interview at Strathclyde on Wednesday.

I have the exact same questions about the presentation - is there any advice you could pass on after having your own interview?
I would really appreciate any help just so I can be as prepared as possible. Thank you!
Reply 584
Hi everyone, just wondering - have any PGDE History applicants heard back from Edinburgh or Glasgow? I've still not had a rejecion/interview offer and feel like it has been ages! (I sent my app. on Dec 10th) I've also interviewed for Aberdeen on the 6th Feb and Strahclyde on the 12th and not heard anything - anyone from around these dates heard back?
It's a funny feeling having absolutely no idea whether you need to move flat/city/job by August!! Or maybe I'm just impatient...

Thanks!
Original post by bellll
Hi everyone, just wondering - have any PGDE History applicants heard back from Edinburgh or Glasgow? I've still not had a rejecion/interview offer and feel like it has been ages! (I sent my app. on Dec 10th) I've also interviewed for Aberdeen on the 6th Feb and Strahclyde on the 12th and not heard anything - anyone from around these dates heard back?
It's a funny feeling having absolutely no idea whether you need to move flat/city/job by August!! Or maybe I'm just impatient...

Thanks!

Hey! I'm in the exact same boat, not heard anything from Glasgow regarding a rejection / interview. I did however get a rejection from them for Modern Studies two weeks ago and my bf said when he had his PGDE interview at Glasgow for another subject that they mentioned they hadn't done interviews for PGDE history yet. Have a feeling interviews will be arranged for early March but hopefully we hear something from them soon!
I know the wait is really frustrating, but most of the people conducting the interviews are people who lecture on the course. Which means they will have observations and teaching to do for this years course, as well as the strikes happening just now.

So I think things will be slowing down again now until March x
Original post by Teacher2Bee
I know the wait is really frustrating, but most of the people conducting the interviews are people who lecture on the course. Which means they will have observations and teaching to do for this years course, as well as the strikes happening just now.

So I think things will be slowing down again now until March x

Thank you for letting us know.
Original post by bellll

Thanks!

Haven’t had from Edinburgh or Glasgow yet. Had an interview at Strathclyde on the 7th and got an offer from them and had Aberdeen Friday 21st, waiting to hear back on that.
Reply 589
Heyy Anyone interview at Strathclyde for PGDE Primary on 4th Feb (or before) and not had an offer/rejection yet? I interviewed at Glasgow on 3rd and unfortunately received a rejection on Thursday last week.Slowly losing my mind....
Reply 590
Hello everyone :smile: received my invite for uws interview last week for the 18th of march but haven't heard anything else from them. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the details of where it is and what will be required of me? thank you in advance.
Reply 591
Hi Jhig
The UWS interview has a link in the UCAS page that you go to that gives you details of where the interview will be. Go back and check and let me know if you find it :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jhig
Hello everyone :smile: received my invite for uws interview last week for the 18th of march but haven't heard anything else from them. Does anyone know how long it will take to get the details of where it is and what will be required of me? thank you in advance.

If you go onto your UCAS track and click on your UWS invite there should be a web address to copy and paste into your browser that has details of the interview
Hi there,

I've heard back from all my choices for interviews except Strathclyde (I'm applying for primary). Everyone I speak to seems to have been offered an interview from them already, was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?
Reply 594
Original post by ughfetjgero
Hi there,

I've heard back from all my choices for interviews except Strathclyde (I'm applying for primary). Everyone I speak to seems to have been offered an interview from them already, was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?

I applied on 14 January and I've heard back from Perth UHI and UWS for interview for Primary. Still waiting for Glasgow and Strathclyde. When did you apply?
Reply 595
Original post by ughfetjgero
Hi there,

I haven't heard from them either. Trying not to stress too much. Good Luck.
Original post by T20L
Heyy Anyone interview at Strathclyde for PGDE Primary on 4th Feb (or before) and not had an offer/rejection yet? I interviewed at Glasgow on 3rd and unfortunately received a rejection on Thursday last week.Slowly losing my mind....

I had an interview on the 4th and haven't heard a peep. Didn't think the mini interviews went very well though!
Duplicate post.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jhig

I got mine for the 18th too. As others have said there should be a link. Mine is in the afternoon in Ayr.
Reply 599
hello, thank youuu i got it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending