PGDE Scotland entry 2020 Watch

Cattr39
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Okay, I am super early to this but thought I would get the ball rolling and have something set up before the course opens again for applicants.
kirstyjmunro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m sure your organisation will make you a great teacher! I’ll be applying for PGDE Religious Education, hoping for Strathclyde
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lrlthn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There is a group specifically for Primary on Facebook. Here is the link, I wish I had known about the Facebook group last year

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3418...174/?ref=share
kirstyjmunro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lrlthn)
There is a group specifically for Primary on Facebook. Here is the link, I wish I had known about the Facebook group last year

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3418...174/?ref=share
Awesome thanks! This one looks like it could be for primary and secondary https://www.facebook.com/groups/8442...477/?ref=share
StellaLuna19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm early too I'm applying to Edinburgh for the PGDE Primary. I have kids already in school so it's Edinburgh or bust for me, which is slightly nerve wracking!

Has anyone started their personal statement yet?
lrlthn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StellaLuna19)
I'm early too I'm applying to Edinburgh for the PGDE Primary. I have kids already in school so it's Edinburgh or bust for me, which is slightly nerve wracking!

Has anyone started their personal statement yet?
I applied last year hun so I will just be revamping mine.

Edinburgh is super hard to get into so make sure you have a really good statement. Could you not go Dundee if you had to?
StellaLuna19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I had heard that. I've got a really good mentor at the school I'm volunteering at who has been teaching for 5 years so is relatively recent to the application process herself, so I'm lucky that way because she's happy for me to give me advice and give me opportunities in her class that will work well in my personal statement.

I've looked into Dundee but the commute is too much - up to 2 hours each way, same reason I'm not applying to Glasgow. It just wouldn't work around childcare being from 7.30-6. I wish I was able to apply to more than just Edinburgh, but it's already going to be a tough enough couple of years while we get used to me being at uni/placement without having 4 hours on the train every day, when I could have an hour and a half and get that extra time with my kids around the coursework and prep time.
(Original post by lrlthn)
I applied last year hun so I will just be revamping mine.

Edinburgh is super hard to get into so make sure you have a really good statement. Could you not go Dundee if you had to?
MrX1976
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm applying for PGDE (primary) for 2020 entry

I've managed to build experience through volunteering in local primary schools and working with youth groups. I have to tweak my personal statement and I should be ready to apply :clap2:
Cattr39
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
thank god I'm not the only one that's already working on their application! I applied for this year intake but I never got in so I'm just re-using and updating my personal statement and the basic information on my application is basically the same but I've added in my modules now, has anybody else done that for their education section? Does it make a difference? I'm waiting on my maths results next week as I studied part-time last year for my n5... nervous!
Cattr39
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
also thanks for the facebook group info!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.79%
Excited (144)
8.81%
Worried (296)
18.12%
Terrified (368)
22.52%
Meh (150)
9.18%
Confused (36)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (224)
13.71%
Impatient (207)
12.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise