Revolutionary exam prep/revision idea Watch

tzukeeper
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've noticed i'm a lot more productive and awake during the last few hours leading up to the ol' bed time. Why not maximise this time? I propose sleeping during the day, lets say, since most exams start either 9.30 or 12.30 and go on for 2-3 hours, sleeping from 16.00 till about 23.00 in the evening. No one on snapchat or insta or any other distractions (apart from youtube... self control i guess?) which forces me to do revision until my morning exam where I'll have stored and crammed loads of short term memory info for the exam whilst also feel not too bad since its the usual 4-5 hours before I go to sleep.

Or am I an absolute idiot?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tzukeeper)
I've noticed i'm a lot more productive and awake during the last few hours leading up to the ol' bed time. Why not maximise this time? I propose sleeping during the day, lets say, since most exams start either 9.30 or 12.30 and go on for 2-3 hours, sleeping from 16.00 till about 23.00 in the evening. No one on snapchat or insta or any other distractions (apart from youtube... self control i guess?) which forces me to do revision until my morning exam where I'll have stored and crammed loads of short term memory info for the exam whilst also feel not too bad since its the usual 4-5 hours before I go to sleep.

Or am I an absolute idiot?
Some people work better late at night and others early in the morning. You can alter your revision times but be aware that messing with your sleep patterns can interfere with how sharp you are during exams. I will leave the timings to you, but getting it wrong can seriously mess up your body clock. I found the least productive time to be 4am -9am. Do what works for you, but youve had a long time to prepare, so making drastic changes now would seem a bit radical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads