The Student Room Group

Revolutionary exam prep/revision idea

I've noticed i'm a lot more productive and awake during the last few hours leading up to the ol' bed time. Why not maximise this time? I propose sleeping during the day, lets say, since most exams start either 9.30 or 12.30 and go on for 2-3 hours, sleeping from 16.00 till about 23.00 in the evening. No one on snapchat or insta or any other distractions (apart from youtube... self control i guess?) which forces me to do revision until my morning exam where I'll have stored and crammed loads of short term memory info for the exam whilst also feel not too bad since its the usual 4-5 hours before I go to sleep.

Or am I an absolute idiot?
Original post by tzukeeper
I've noticed i'm a lot more productive and awake during the last few hours leading up to the ol' bed time. Why not maximise this time? I propose sleeping during the day, lets say, since most exams start either 9.30 or 12.30 and go on for 2-3 hours, sleeping from 16.00 till about 23.00 in the evening. No one on snapchat or insta or any other distractions (apart from youtube... self control i guess?) which forces me to do revision until my morning exam where I'll have stored and crammed loads of short term memory info for the exam whilst also feel not too bad since its the usual 4-5 hours before I go to sleep.

Or am I an absolute idiot?

Some people work better late at night and others early in the morning. You can alter your revision times but be aware that messing with your sleep patterns can interfere with how sharp you are during exams. I will leave the timings to you, but getting it wrong can seriously mess up your body clock. I found the least productive time to be 4am -9am. Do what works for you, but youve had a long time to prepare, so making drastic changes now would seem a bit radical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending