The Student Room Group

Can't eat anymore

I don't feel like eating anymore. I'm not eating properly anymore and nor am I hungry anymore.

Any advice
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Elaborate, do you mean like rn or has it been going on for a long time
Original post by #love2learn
I don't feel like eating anymore. I'm not eating properly anymore and nor am I hungry anymore.

Any advice
Thanks
I know the feeling, it's nasty putting food near one's mouth and have the stomach clench as though about to vomit. :sadnod:
Original post by Anonymous
Elaborate, do you mean like rn or has it been going on for a long time

Not a long time but it's been like a week or so.
Not a long time but it's been like a week or so.

why, is it a fear of gaining weight or you just generally don't like food anymore.
give detail.
Do you have exams at the moment? Because I find that during exam season my appetite drops but this is only for two weeks or so during the actual examinations.
just stop gettin on it so much
why, is it a fear of gaining weight or you just generally don't like food anymore.

I don't like food.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
give detail.

I can only take a few bites and after that i'll end up feeling sick. The taste is not the same anymore. I can last a 24 hrs without eating. I don't like any food anymore.
Original post by Stars&Galaxies
Do you have exams at the moment? Because I find that during exam season my appetite drops but this is only for two weeks or so during the actual examinations.

Yh i do have my exams but i don't kw.
Original post by FreddyFlips
just stop gettin on it so much

What do u mean?
Is there anxiety surrounding eating? Are you under stress at the moment? What's your mood like?
Original post by Pathway
Is there anxiety surrounding eating? Are you under stress at the moment? What's your mood like?

I have anxiety but i wouldn't say around eating. I'm stressed due to exams and other problems. My mood is not great, i'm quite low in mood.
I have anxiety but i wouldn't say around eating. I'm stressed due to exams and other problems. My mood is not great, i'm quite low in mood.

:console: Sorry to hear about that. Have you ever been to your GP about your mental health before?
I guess exercising would help you...try to find out time from your busy schedule

Any advice
Thanks
Original post by Pathway
:console: Sorry to hear about that. Have you ever been to your GP about your mental health before?

It's OK. Yh i've been referred to the mental health team.
I guess exercising would help you...try to find out time from your busy schedule

Yh i guess.
do tell if it helps u
Yh i guess.
It's OK. Yh i've been referred to the mental health team.

I'd definitely bring it up with them. It sounds like a combination of things are impacting your appetite; stress, anxiety and low mood/depression can all do this. I hope you mental health team are helpful to you. Take care. If you do need to chat or anything, feel free to message me.

Quick Reply

Latest