The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

What is Cairncross house like?

Hiya,
I’m thinking of applying for accommodation at Cairncross house. I was wondering if anyone could tell what it’s like. Do people tend be to quite social and how easy is it to make friends?
Cheers!
Original post by Maariaa
Hiya,
I’m thinking of applying for accommodation at Cairncross house. I was wondering if anyone could tell what it’s like. Do people tend be to quite social and how easy is it to make friends?
Cheers!

Hi! I just confirmed my offer of accommodation for cairncross house so I obviously haven’t actually lived there yet but I chose it because it’s only 15 minutes walk from the uni and the city centre, in a pretty safe area and has a common room with staff-organised social events. Its actual halls instead of flats so I don’t know if that’s better for making friends or not (more people you’ll run into but maybe less ‘obligation’ to befriend anyone in particular). Good luck choosing and if you do decide on Cairncross let me know, it would be nice to know someone else arriving in September 😊
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve got Cairncross as my first choice, just waiting to get confirmed !!!

Original post by scottishst25
Hi! I just confirmed my offer of accommodation for cairncross house so I obviously haven’t actually lived there yet but I chose it because it’s only 15 minutes walk from the uni and the city centre, in a pretty safe area and has a common room with staff-organised social events. Its actual halls instead of flats so I don’t know if that’s better for making friends or not (more people you’ll run into but maybe less ‘obligation’ to befriend anyone in particular). Good luck choosing and if you do decide on Cairncross let me know, it would be nice to know someone else arriving in September 😊
Cool! What are you studying?
Original post by Maariaa
I’ve got Cairncross as my first choice, just waiting to get confirmed !!!
Reply 4
Zoology what about you?
Original post by scottishst25
Cool! What are you studying?
Original post by Maariaa
Zoology what about you?

Scots law and economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending