The Student Room Group

How to get A* at A-Level

I know I just finished my GCSEs, but i would like to know how to ace my A-Levels, i am doing edexcel maths and further maths, aqa physics, and ocr economics. I am gonna chill this summer but study a little to be ahead of the game. Any good resources as well guys? Thanks a lot
Need to know as well :biggrin:
HAHAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK IN GETTING THAT A*!!!!
I’m sitting my alevles now and let me tel you no matter how much revision you do through the past 2 years it all boils down to the night before when like *hite I’m f*cked!

Doesn’t matter what you did and how many A*s you got in those topic assessments but the exam boards decided to f*ck you over your not getting into uni or getting an A*

Sorry that’s the reality of it. Unless your God gifted brainy there’s a very very very unlikely chance to get an A*
Did you not see Twitter this year with Edexcel maths ? They were screwed over massively
I don't believe in that mindset, there is a way to get A*, i don't know what happened in your case. Although, i am naturally very intelligent, you still need to work hard. Either way, that type of comment is not what you should be saying, it makes people give up hope before even entering sixth form, which should not happen
Original post by Orangeiswhite
HAHAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK IN GETTING THAT A*!!!!
I’m sitting my alevles now and let me tel you no matter how much revision you do through the past 2 years it all boils down to the night before when like *hite I’m f*cked!

Doesn’t matter what you did and how many A*s you got in those topic assessments but the exam boards decided to f*ck you over your not getting into uni or getting an A*

Sorry that’s the reality of it. Unless your God gifted brainy there’s a very very very unlikely chance to get an A*
Don't listen to the guy below, that mindset is toxic and will cause you to lead a monotone life, if your goals are so low. Even though you clearly want to get good grades at a level.
Original post by Chemist123
Need to know as well :biggrin:
Original post by GetGradenines
I don't believe in that mindset, there is a way to get A*, i don't know what happened in your case. Although, i am naturally very intelligent, you still need to work hard. Either way, that type of comment is not what you should be saying, it makes people give up hope before even entering sixth form, which should not happen

That’s the reality of it. I know many smart girls who got offers from oxbridge and top med schools and they have also said the difficulty of Alevels is the exams

By no means am I saying don’t revise, revise work hard use your frees, but done be under the illusion that I’ve worked hard so I’m going to get that A* Alevels are NOT GCSEs.

People don’t like when this is said to them by GCSEs were a walk in the park - Alevels are hard to discriminate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. Just don’t go into alevles thinking well GCSEs were a piece of cake this will be fine .

It is in yr12 not so in yr13
Don't listen to the guy below, that mindset is toxic and will cause you to lead a monotone life, if your goals are so low. Even though you clearly want to get good grades at a level.

LOLLLLL I’m just salty cause all science exams this year have been harder than the past 2 years
You say this will lead you to low goals , I applied to medicine and got all my offers ranging from A*AA to AAA - don’t think I’m aiming low mate 🤔🤔🤔
In my opinion that is kinda low, not to discredit your hard work, but i am aiming for all A*, so of course, you might not get accepted, as there are loads of people with your grades, a fraction get all A* at 4 a levels. Doing 3 a levels is undesirable for top Unis, Oxbridge want 4 or more, doing 3 makes you look like you didn't want to work hard so you dropped a subject.
Original post by Orangeiswhite
You say this will lead you to low goals , I applied to medicine and got all my offers ranging from A*AA to AAA - don’t think I’m aiming low mate 🤔🤔🤔
In my opinion that is kinda low, not to discredit your hard work, but i am aiming for all A*, so of course, you might not get accepted, as there are loads of people with your grades, a fraction get all A* at 4 a levels. Doing 3 a levels is undesirable for top Unis, Oxbridge want 4 or more, doing 3 makes you look like you didn't want to work hard so you dropped a subject.

That is just not true, Oxbridge do not want 4 or more

Thnx I know getting an A* will not be easy but it isn't impossible. If you have the right mindset and start working hard from day 1 then it is possible.
btw - May I ask how you are going to revise in the summer (if you are)?

You also seem to be good at maths so could you please tell me what you do?
Reply 11
I need to know for Maths:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest