The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm doing full course..Arghh that was so long
Lucky I got decent coursework so if I flop I can still get a decent grade :biggrin:
What did you guys make for your final product I made an casual T-shirt inspired by the surrealism exhibition(salvador dali) at the V & A gallery.
Do we get our projects back?
:biggrin:
Reply 61
It''ll be an A, since you can't get an A* on the coursework which is slightly stupid.

EDIT:
I made a huge lion soft toy/cushion, I thought it would be more fun to make rather than clothes personally. I think I might have got a low A for my product and perhaps a B for my folder, so I don't feel so bad about the exam. We never got our marks back but you can guess from what the teacher told me.
Nayberay
Lucky I got decent coursework so if I flop I can still get a decent grade :biggrin:
What did you guys make for your final product I made an casual T-shirt inspired by the surrealism exhibition(salvador dali) at the V & A gallery.

well we do but at our school they dont give them back til the october half-term when we are in year 12....i dont know wether that is what all other school do tho

argh not lookin forward to this exam!!!
Good Luck everone!!
Reply 63
sparkle-sparkle xx
well we do but at our school they dont give them back til the october half-term when we are in year 12....i dont know wether that is what all other school do tho

argh not lookin forward to this exam!!!
Good Luck everone!!

Our school don't give them back to us straight away either they do their usual summer fashion show thing with our projects lol.

I'm not looking forward to this exam either but think about it after 3PM
NOO MORE TEXTILES WOOOO..Unless your doing it for AS which is not me :biggrin:
:party:
kim10893
ah cool =] i got a/a* too but like you said it will probably get pulled down because of the exam!! good luck anyway!

ah well done!!
yeh well hopefully because we have gd marks in our coursework we shud come out wuv gd marks overall...:s-smilie: lol
Good luck to u too!!
Nayberay
Our school don't give them back to us straight away either they do their usual summer fashion show thing with our projects lol.

I'm not looking forward to this exam either but think about it after 3PM
NOO MORE TEXTILES WOOOO..Unless your doing it for AS which is not me :biggrin:
:party:

yeh our school do a fashion show in the summer aswel!
haha no im deffo not doin it for A-level...i considered it but then i found out that there is loads of theory involved..n theory is the one thing i hate about textiles..
Reply 66
~Hazzle*
It''ll be an A, since you can't get an A* on the coursework which is slightly stupid.

I know thats pretty stupid as well as extremly annoying as coursework is 60%

~Hazzle*
I think I might have got a low A for my product and perhaps a B for my folder,

I got the reverse of what you got :biggrin:
A for coursework
B for product

Considering that I hate textiles I think thats pretty good tbh :biggrin:
Good luck for today :eek: 2 Hours :frown:
Reply 67
sparkle-sparkle xx
theory is the one thing i hate about textiles..

Ditto lol so much to learn at GCSE level
Sheesh
Reply 68
Our teacher actually looked shocked when only 2 out of the 12 in my class said they wanted to do Textiles next year lol. Those 2 were obviously not me!
Nayberay
Ditto lol so much to learn at GCSE level
Sheesh

haha yeh i no!!
but tbh i dont realli know what to revise...iv just looked over different fibres, weaves and then decoration techniques...iv also drawn out the 2 initial desing and the final designs of the hat...:s-smilie:
Reply 70
sparkle-sparkle xx
haha yeh i no!!
but tbh i dont realli know what to revise...iv just looked over different fibres, weaves and then decoration techniques...iv also drawn out the 2 initial desing and the final designs of the hat...:s-smilie:

Wow thats all I've done lol
I plan to cram for the first time ever in my GCSE stage today lol.
Reply 71
~Hazzle*
Our teacher actually looked shocked when only 2 out of the 12 in my class said they wanted to do Textiles next year lol. Those 2 were obviously not me!

Wow quite a few people in my class wanna do textiles next year.
Not me though hell no :biggrin: :rofl:
Nayberay
Wow thats all I've done lol
I plan to cram for the first time ever in my GCSE stage today lol.

lol!
wot other stuff are we suppose to know tho??
My revision guide has nothing in it thats on the pracice paper we got given! :frown: SO glad I decided against taking it for A-Level. Our teacher was appallingly bad and failed totally to teach us any theory at all. Argh, panic.
Does anyone know what the hats question actually is? Can we just, like, pick an era or an aspect of fashion in history (like 50s style, for example) and base it on that?
prettylittlerichgirl

Does anyone know what the hats question actually is? Can we just, like, pick an era or an aspect of fashion in history (like 50s style, for example) and base it on that?

well all it says is 20th century...im hopin they dont ask us direct questions on the type of hats in that period becoz i have done no research wotsoever!! :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Nayberay

I made a corset, skirt and overskirt inspired by the theme pirates for my coursework.
Also isn't coursework 60%.
If you got a high A/A* in your coursework then you walk in with a B.
So you cant really fail.
robyinatree
I made a corset, skirt and overskirt inspired by the theme pirates for my coursework.
Also isn't coursework 60%.
If you got a high A/A* in your coursework then you walk in with a B.
So you cant really fail.

yeh cud point..i hadnt thourght of it that way tbh

ah well anyway im gonna go to skool in a bit...get a lil last minute revision done b4 the exam :s-smilie:

Good Luck everyone!!!!
Reply 77
hehe, just wondering, do you think we will be allowed to check our clothes to get ideas? especially stupid questions like how to make seams....
bunzy
hehe, just wondering, do you think we will be allowed to check our clothes to get ideas? especially stupid questions like how to make seams....

haha! yeh you cud probs get away with a sneaky look at ya clothes....jus make sure the invigilators dont see you tho
Does anyone know how much we need to know about the history of hats??? Im freaking out i know nout and teacher taught us bugger all :frown:

I'm glad i'm not the only unprepared one though by the looks of things :biggrin:

Latest