The Student Room Group

A level help!!

I know I want to do chemistry and biology a-level as I love them both and I would quite like to be a hospital pharmacist and the requirements are two of chem, bio, physics and maths but for the last one idk whether to do Physcology or Textiles and fashion design as my third option as I love textiles and fashion but it’s more of a hobby and Physcology would link in well so I’m not sure which to do! If anyone can let me know what either of those a levels are like please let me know!
Reply 1
I’ve heard psychology isn’t a HUGELY challenging A level, similar enough to philosophy I think. It’s a good idea though to have a subject which you have a passion for as well instead of taking them just because it would link better for Uni, I did that and was fighting for my life in all 3 A Levels. Be a good idea to talk to anyone you might know in real life who’s completed year 12 and to see if they know anyone who’s taken those A Levels. Best of luck this year
Reply 2
Original post by Lilly..08
I know I want to do chemistry and biology a-level as I love them both and I would quite like to be a hospital pharmacist and the requirements are two of chem, bio, physics and maths but for the last one idk whether to do Physcology or Textiles and fashion design as my third option as I love textiles and fashion but it’s more of a hobby and Physcology would link in well so I’m not sure which to do! If anyone can let me know what either of those a levels are like please let me know!

I take biology, chemistry and psychology and psychology is my favourite subject. Definitely pick your 3rd A-Level as something you will enjoy because biology and chemistry are a lot of hard work and I think psychology would link in really well with what you want to do as some of it is quite science based. But if psychology isn’t required and you don’t think you would enjoy it, I would say go for textiles! :smile:
Original post by Lilly..08

Hi! In my opinion I think you should take something you enjoy as Bio and Chem are quite content heavy. Its better to do something fun to give you some balance but maybe speak to your schools careers advisor for more advice? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest