The Student Room Group

Brampton manor academy induction

I have an induction day coming up soon, will food be provided or should I bring my own?
Yeah they do serve food in the canteen!! I had my induction today :smile: I’m not sure how much it costs as I brought my own lunch break lasted 40 mins. In all honesty I would suggest bringing your own as the queue was massive!
Reply 2
Thankss.

What did you do on the day? How was it?
Original post by penelopehills
Yeah they do serve food in the canteen!! I had my induction today :smile: I’m not sure how much it costs as I brought my own lunch break lasted 40 mins. In all honesty I would suggest bringing your own as the queue was massive!
how was your induction day?
Reply 4
Are you going tommorow as well?
Original post by Leviathan1611
how was your induction day?
Original post by coolio333
Are you going tommorow as well?

ah no, I'm in y13, I was just curious that's all.
Reply 6
oh ok, so should I bring my own food or? whats the usual prices and money to bring in?
ah no, I'm in y13, I was just curious that's all.
oh ok, so should I bring my own food or? whats the usual prices and money to bring in?

I'd say bring £5.00 but you'd probably spend no more that £3.00. the usual meal and dessert is £2.00, and they have a pasta pot for £1.60.

if you don't want to risk being in a super long queue, I'd recommend bringing your own food.
You do all four subjects you chose, so I did biology , maths, further maths and psychology! It was good however the lessons are only thirty means so quick ‘taster’ sessions as they called them. It was good! But very awkward 😂 as I didn’t know anyone there
Thankss.

What did you do on the day? How was it?
Reply 9
the food was free
Reply 10
I'd say bring £5.00 but you'd probably spend no more that £3.00. the usual meal and dessert is £2.00, and they have a pasta pot for £1.60.

if you don't want to risk being in a super long queue, I'd recommend bringing your own food.

whats the dress code at induction days usually??
whats the dress code at induction days usually??

I saw people coming in with formal (office like) clothes, so a suit and tie, probably black.
I went today and it was useful. Did anyone understand what they meant by saying everyone does AS first? I thought we do all exams at the end of year 13?

Anyone from Brampton know which book they are using for Biology?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Biology-Level-Student-Book/dp/0198351771/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=a+level+aqa+biology&qid=1561127529&s=gateway&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biology-Level-Year-Student-Book/dp/0198351763/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=a+level+aqa+biology&qid=1561127529&s=gateway&sr=8-6
I saw people coming in with formal (office like) clothes, so a suit and tie, probably black.

the majority of boys (mainly) were wearjng casual clothes like jeans and tracksuits, I was quite surprised but it is East London after all
Original post by emily.atk1998
I went today and it was useful. Did anyone understand what they meant by saying everyone does AS first? I thought we do all exams at the end of year 13?

Anyone from Brampton know which book they are using for Biology?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Biology-Level-Student-Book/dp/0198351771/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=a+level+aqa+biology&qid=1561127529&s=gateway&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biology-Level-Year-Student-Book/dp/0198351763/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=a+level+aqa+biology&qid=1561127529&s=gateway&sr=8-6

you have AS exams at the end of yr 12, but they don't count to your A-Level at all, it's just for practice.and for them to help decide your predicted grades.

the second link is what you'll be doing in AS, but don't buy it, they'll give you the textbook
Original post by meipwrk
the majority of boys (mainly) were wearjng casual clothes like jeans and tracksuits, I was quite surprised but it is East London after all

oh I see, I didn't see much anyway since I wasn't in the building, I only saw those coming into school
Original post by REUSueeufn#2848
You do all four subjects you chose, so I did biology , maths, further maths and psychology! It was good however the lessons are only thirty means so quick ‘taster’ sessions as they called them. It was good! But very awkward 😂 as I didn’t know anyone there

Hi, sorry for disturbing you as you'll be revising. May I ask what grades you got for your predicted and your GPA if you can remember?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending