The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

URGENT LSE english requirement FAIL

Hello,

I have a very URGENT question, PLEASE is it possible to have an answer? : is it possible to "negotiate" with the LSE if I fail to reach the level requested in English? Indeed, I must have 7 at IELTS. I managed to get 7, but they also ask for prerequisites in the different sections, for example you have to have 7 in the writing section and I only got 6, no matter how much I retake it, I can't improve my score... I only have a month and a half left, otherwise I don't have a university for next year.

Do you know if it is still possible to integrate the LSE since I still managed to reach 7 overall, or do you ask them if it is possible to pass it again before January for example? In addition, the requirement for the English test is "higher" (7 minimum in writing): do you think I can ask to change MSc to one that requires a standard level of English (6, 5 in writing)?

It's really very, very urgent, thank you very much for your answer.
Original post by Lavandeee
Hello,

I have a very URGENT question, PLEASE is it possible to have an answer? : is it possible to "negotiate" with the LSE if I fail to reach the level requested in English? Indeed, I must have 7 at IELTS. I managed to get 7, but they also ask for prerequisites in the different sections, for example you have to have 7 in the writing section and I only got 6, no matter how much I retake it, I can't improve my score... I only have a month and a half left, otherwise I don't have a university for next year.

Do you know if it is still possible to integrate the LSE since I still managed to reach 7 overall, or do you ask them if it is possible to pass it again before January for example? In addition, the requirement for the English test is "higher" (7 minimum in writing): do you think I can ask to change MSc to one that requires a standard level of English (6, 5 in writing)?

It's really very, very urgent, thank you very much for your answer.

Contact them and ask. Sometimes they have pre sessionals/ extra courses to deal with lower ielts, but they cost money. You might not be able to do one but maybe they could let you do one during the term?

The advantage of talking to admissions or the international team is you can ask them all these questions and they may offer a solution or let you know there and then. It is in their discretion.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending