The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does Radio 4 always have guest speakers as proffesionals/people knowledgable of their subject or do they have like for example parents of dyslexics on aswell? lol
notts-lad-08
how do you do a plan?....someone said it supposed to last 45mins:O?...but after youve said how you would lay it out, what pics where etc, surly thats like 15/20mins top?...what layouts do we need to learn-except a leaflet/website?

Display boards? Childrens books? Other **** that just isn't relevant to the dyslexia pack, so will not feature in any aspect of my life ever?
On the dyslexia pack, say if the question was do a radio script on dyslexia including peoples personal experiences, how could you re-write it because wouldnt you be changing the account of it? And also would you include the same name from the account?????
Reply 583
does anyone think the pendle text could be a wall chart? because of all the events and things, chronoligcal dates with events and description type of things???
Reply 584
Summer_Lovin
Does Radio 4 always have guest speakers as proffesionals/people knowledgable of their subject or do they have like for example parents of dyslexics on aswell? lol

can do, they would come in as a 'guest speaker' (parent) you could also have an 'expert guest speaker' (expert on dyslexia) its also possible to have a dyslexic person on as a guest speaker too.
ive just gone through all my notes over the year, and ive found a transcript of a interview on radio 4 on dyslexia, a mum, her daughter and the presenter. how lucky am i! buts its not that useful really, just taught us how re-write the texts in our own words.
Reply 585
rmurphy000
On the dyslexia pack, say if the question was do a radio script on dyslexia including peoples personal experiences, how could you re-write it because wouldnt you be changing the account of it? And also would you include the same name from the account?????

omg yeah i didnt think of that :s-smilie:
if pendle witches is a wall chart - how would you attempt a wall chart? from all my previous exam questions iv always avoided wall charts - but could anyone give me a rough idea?
pendle people, i've just spent ages organising the texts into chronological order, but its also quite handy because its sort of in the order you need to write stuff down, like for some potential ones, like for a leaflet for people who know NOTHING about witchcraft text D is awesome cos it tells you about witchcraft, and the social political stuff. if anyone wants to share my idea your welcome to

i did this order...

k
a
d (the events of 1612)
d (witchcraft etc)
e
L
j
g
c
i
b
f
m
n
o
h

:smile: hope this helps..
also quick question for those doing pendle - on page 19 - text H, in the top paragraph is "elizabeth whittle" chattox's relation? even though she marries a john device - just like elizabeth device (demdikes daughter) im so confused!
Reply 589
rmurphy000

It doesn't matter if you change the account. The information in the pack can be used however you see fit.
Hana.B
can do, they would come in as a 'guest speaker' (parent) you could also have an 'expert guest speaker' (expert on dyslexia) its also possible to have a dyslexic person on as a guest speaker too.
ive just gone through all my notes over the year, and ive found a transcript of a interview on radio 4 on dyslexia, a mum, her daughter and the presenter. how lucky am i! buts its not that useful really, just taught us how re-write the texts in our own words.

Ah thanks
Reply 591
hey if there's a radio transcript question for dyslexia how do you include all the personal accounts from the pack? I thought a transcipt was like a script before the show is aired? i don't think i ever quite got the concept. i hate this exam, its my third time. my results so far have been an E and a C. i got full marks in AS lol
Reply 592
on the witches how do you think you're going to strucutre it?

background to witches
alizon
malkintower
elizabeth?

it chops around times :s-smilie:
a transcript is after the "show" its recording what people have said, hense you get transcripts of radio shows and you get the pauses and fillers and interruptions etc. it would just be a script if it was before the show
and i hate this exam too, out of al the past papers iv done i havent been able to get higher than a d, i think my teacher was rubbish he never really taught us how to tackle this paper - just to do it!
Reply 594
krisholland27
pendle people, i've just spent ages organising the texts into chronological order, but its also quite handy because its sort of in the order you need to write stuff down, like for some potential ones, like for a leaflet for people who know NOTHING about witchcraft text D is awesome cos it tells you about witchcraft, and the social political stuff. if anyone wants to share my idea your welcome to

i did this order...

k
a
d (the events of 1612)
d (witchcraft etc)
e
L
j
g
c
i
b
f
m
n
o
h

:smile: hope this helps..

i dont get what youve done here, what kind of chronological order is it ? :s-smilie::s-smilie: sorry im reallyslow lol... :frown:
Reply 595
pinkprincess101
if pendle witches is a wall chart - how would you attempt a wall chart? from all my previous exam questions iv always avoided wall charts - but could anyone give me a rough idea?

errrrrrm you would list all the important dates and describe what happened in each i guess, keepin the same tone through out obviusly, hmm
Reply 596
mykemcb
hey if there's a radio transcript question for dyslexia how do you include all the personal accounts from the pack? I thought a transcipt was like a script before the show is aired? i don't think i ever quite got the concept. i hate this exam, its my third time. my results so far have been an E and a C. i got full marks in AS lol

They don't ask for transcripts, they ask for scripts, so you have to write a script for a show yet to be recorded.

You can do things such as in brackets write (play pre-recorded interview) but you then must write the pre-recorded interview where you could include personal accounts, interviews with experts etc.

Don't include spontaneous speech and fillers, it is SCRIPTED not a transcript.
Reply 597
haha yeah. the teaching for this particular exam is dreadful to say the least. I don't think it's the teachers fault though. I doubt even the examiners know what they want. found this good report on the bbc website though
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/school_report/6180944.stm

I've got a feeling we might need to write something to help children. all of the sources are for parents and teachers so it would seem reasonable that the questions will be based on advice towards the children themselves. perhaps an article in a school paper or something ridiculous like that.
The one thing i've learnt from doing this exam in the past is doing lots of work on the packs themselves is pretty useless. in fact out of the people in my class, the ones that covered their packs least with notes are the ones that did best.

Just avoid copying the text form the pack as much as possible and try not to write more than you need to or you'll be shooting yourself in the foot
anyone doing pendle please help!!

Elizabeth Whittle (Bessie) is daughter of Chattox - however marries John Device - who would make her Elizabeth Device - but Elizabeth device who married john is the daughter od demdike?

is anyone else confused?
sorry, i used the wrong word completly there...
but its a logical order i think, like to read it in etc, if you haven't re organised your packs thats my example. but i wouldn't worry if you've done your own order. cos its all about individuality in my opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending