The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by GANFYD
QUB will be very brave if they use their own system to calculate projected grades, completely ignoring the official process. They will find they are in a spot of bother if they decline people who then get official grades that would mean they met requirements and would find they potentially had a lot of appeals and potential law suits on their hands!

To be honest I think it’s just a wording issue. This thing is moving so quickly that perhaps in an attempt to reassure, statements have been posted that are open to interpretations other than what was intended. We have already seen similar things where UCAS website and twitter feed are giving conflicting information.
I’m guessing here and time will tell but I have heard nothing to suggest that the main exam board here, CCEA, will differ significantly from other exam boards. The biggest difference may be that they will have verifiable, reliable, external exam data on candidates performance in 40% of the A Level in the form of an AS mark to help in their calculations.
Original post by GANFYD
QUB will be very brave if they use their own system to calculate projected grades, completely ignoring the official process. They will find they are in a spot of bother if they decline people who then get official grades that would mean they met requirements and would find they potentially had a lot of appeals and potential law suits on their hands!

This is a very good point and hopefully one QUB have considered. This year Unis need to be aligned to make the best of the unfair situation in which we find ourselves. Same goes for exam boards across the UK, we shouldn’t have one using one set of data and another using something different
(edited 4 years ago)
If possible, could someone brief me on how QUB will be confirming admissions to the offers given to international students?
I study in the Indian curriculum (CBSE board)
Reply 523
Original post by medapp02
If possible, could someone brief me on how QUB will be confirming admissions to the offers given to international students?
I study in the Indian curriculum (CBSE board)

Are your exams going ahead?
Original post by nfhc
Are your exams going ahead?

The exams for my subjects are over, but there are a few subjects remaining which will be rescheduled. We aren't informed of anything as of now.
Do you think QUB will be giving out less offers than normal because of all this?
Original post by Potat0lover
Do you think QUB will be giving out less offers than normal because of all this?

I don’t think they will because I think they’ll keep the conditions the same and I know CCEA said that they’re going to try give out the same amount of A*, As etc that are given out every other year
Reply 527
Original post by archisha007
The exams for my subjects are over, but there are a few subjects remaining which will be rescheduled. We aren't informed of anything as of now.

If I were you I’d email qub directly and ask. They may not have an answer yet though. How much of your offer do you still have to complete? Is there a timetable for that to happen yet? I would think qub’s answers will depend on things like that which are out of their control.
If you already have an offer at least you would be in a good position.
did you guys get the email thanking you for attending the interview rn? (nothing about offers or rejections just yet tho)
Original post by emmastuller
did you guys get the email thanking you for attending the interview rn? (nothing about offers or rejections just yet tho)

Yeah I did. Does anyone know what they mean by "Within 48-72 hours you will also receive a communication from Queen’s University explaining the relevant terms and conditions", kinda confused by what terms and conditions they are talking about.
Original post by theuglypanda
Yeah I did. Does anyone know what they mean by "Within 48-72 hours you will also receive a communication from Queen’s University explaining the relevant terms and conditions", kinda confused by what terms and conditions they are talking about.

When did you have your interview?
Original post by Lwhiteside1
When did you have your interview?

11th March

the last time that email came out in February offers came out the next day...
the same email?
Original post by swampman01
the same email?

yep said we would get relevant terms and condition and thanked us etc

When was your interview?
Original post by gemma756
yep said we would get relevant terms and condition and thanked us etc

my interview was in March, do you think they might tell us tomorrow then?
Original post by swampman01
my interview was in March, do you think they might tell us tomorrow then?

Maybe?! This is what happened in Jan... oh my word, am so nervous ! :frown:
You reckon the offer numbers will be the same? I wasn't sure how it'd work if it's all predicted grades, as they will possibly be inflated? Who knows. Hopefully it works out a fair system.
Reply 538
Did anyone who was interviewed in January get an email today?
Original post by nfhc
Did anyone who was interviewed in January get an email today?

Nope

Latest

Trending

Trending