The Student Room Group

GCSE English Spoken Exam tomorrow!!

So, I've got my GCSE spoken language exam tomorrow and I don't think my opening is powerful enough. I guess it's a bit late to be asking this now though haha. My speech is about how the phrase "boys will be boys" affects boys and how the patriarchy is hurting men too. (probably should have chosen a simpler topic to be fair haha). So I start with:

"Boys will be boys". Unequivocally, our society is inequitable, prejudiced and discriminatory."

However, I reference "boys will be boys" later on in the speech, so I'd like a different opening that will shock the audience.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by TheHistoryNerd_
So, I've got my GCSE spoken language exam tomorrow and I don't think my opening is powerful enough. I guess it's a bit late to be asking this now though haha. My speech is about how the phrase "boys will be boys" affects boys and how the patriarchy is hurting men too. (probably should have chosen a simpler topic to be fair haha). So I start with:

"Boys will be boys". Unequivocally, our society is inequitable, prejudiced and discriminatory."

However, I reference "boys will be boys" later on in the speech, so I'd like a different opening that will shock the audience.

Thanks in advance!

"Boys will be boys" (pause for like a sec to give impact) a common phrase repeated daily by the mouths of females who don't the know the effects and impact this 4 worded statement can make'
(edited 4 years ago)
wow those are some long words lol, make sure you're able to convey your message coherently and be prepared for any q's they could ask. your opening is great though!
Original post by mez_merising
wow those are some long words lol, make sure you're able to convey your message coherently and be prepared for any q's they could ask. your opening is great though!

Thank you! I'm trying to baffle them with my vocabulary, so they won't notice the lack of techniques in my speech ahaha.
Original post by TheHistoryNerd_
Thank you! I'm trying to baffle them with my vocabulary, so they won't notice the lack of techniques in my speech ahaha.

i don't even remember attempting to include techniques in my speech and i managed to get a distinction so im sure you'll do great lol
It really doesn't matter lmao

Most of it is how you present it, i.e expression in your voice, eye contact, etc, rather than what you actually say

Quick Reply

Latest