The Student Room Group

GCSE remark

I was 1 mark away from a grade 5 in english language should i get it remarked? you need to get a 6 in english to be able to do alevels but i didn’t get any 6. I don’t know what to do because i really don’t want to do Btecs at all. I don’t know if i should talk with the school and ask if they’ll let me in or not because they might say i have to deal with it
Original post by itsnotld
I was 1 mark away from a grade 5 in english language should i get it remarked? you need to get a 6 in english to be able to do alevels but i didn’t get any 6. I don’t know what to do because i really don’t want to do Btecs at all. I don’t know if i should talk with the school and ask if they’ll let me in or not because they might say i have to deal with it

You should absolutely request a Review of Marking. This will need to be done via your school, and there is a cost involved - about £40 per paper. In 2022, 22.6% of papers which went through the review process gained at least one mark. In 2019, it was 23.8%. Note that the deadline for requesting a Review of Marking is 28 September.

You could also consider using your exam board's free Access to Scripts service (again, arranged through your school) to allow you and your teachers to access your marked papers and judge which (if any) are most likely to gain marks following a review. For all exam boards except AQA, this service provides immediate on-line access to your papers. (For AQA, expect to have to wait 10 days). Note that the deadline for requesting the Access to Scripts service is tomorrow.

BTW, you say you were 1 mark away from a 5 - so you have a 4 right now - yet they want a 6. So even if the review gains you a mark or two, you're still not going to have met their requirements. Agreed? Have you spoken to the school about your options?

Why are you so against BTECs?

Quick Reply

Latest