The Student Room Group

Kings Maths school

Anyone else nervous about the exam tomorrow?
Reply 1
Original post by GeekGIrl08
Anyone else nervous about the exam tomorrow?

not at all its gonna be so easy
Reply 2
Original post by Unwisdom
not at all its gonna be so easy

really?!
Did u get an offer then
Reply 4
yh 🙂 wbu
Well doneee
I did as well🥳do u have snap?? There's a gc for people who applied to kings
Reply 6
ooh ok
Reply 7
ooh ok
check your private messages
check your private messages

I’m looking to apply next year, could you lmk what preparations i need to do before the test or interview?
Reply 9
Original post by isinhegus2928
I’m looking to apply next year, could you lmk what preparations i need to do before the test or interview?

For the test i did alot of Ukmt papers, intermediate and pink kangaroo to get started and maclaurin for more focused, the questions are not multiple choice and you are tested not just on getting the solution because youre not always able to do that, you should show your approaches and ideas so they can see how well you think. The spoken interview you will be sent questions if i remember correctly, Prepare for these, mock interviews, get advice from mentors and teachers, use the STAR method (research), be confident, math interview all you have to do is be attentive, i was quite nervous and made a few mistakes but all you have to do is listen and try apply basic mathematics to what they are teaching you, its not about knowing advanced maths its about creatively applying what you already know and asking questions if you dont understand. Good luck!
For the test i did alot of Ukmt papers, intermediate and pink kangaroo to get started and maclaurin for more focused, the questions are not multiple choice and you are tested not just on getting the solution because youre not always able to do that, you should show your approaches and ideas so they can see how well you think. The spoken interview you will be sent questions if i remember correctly, Prepare for these, mock interviews, get advice from mentors and teachers, use the STAR method (research), be confident, math interview all you have to do is be attentive, i was quite nervous and made a few mistakes but all you have to do is listen and try apply basic mathematics to what they are teaching you, its not about knowing advanced maths its about creatively applying what you already know and asking questions if you dont understand. Good luck!

Thanks a lot, which gcse grades were u predicted or did u get when applying to kclms? and how long before your exam did u start preparing.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 11
Original post by isinhegus2928
Thanks a lot, which gcse grades were u predicted or did u get when applying to kclms? and how long before your exam did u start preparing.

i started preparing like a month and a half in advance, my predicteds are in range of 7-9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending