The Student Room Group

Paralegal after GDL/LPC

Im an international student planning to do GDL in the uk (sep2019). I have an indian llb degree and 8 months experience as a trainee lawyer in India. I heard it's too difficult to find a training contract In the uk. However it's being said that the UK govt is planning to bring back the 2 year post study stay back. I just want to know how hard it is to find a job as a paralegal in the UK after gdl/lpc for an international student also, do firms sponsor paralegals for tier 2 visa?
Original post by Abru001
Im an international student planning to do GDL in the uk (sep2019). I have an indian llb degree and 8 months experience as a trainee lawyer in India. I heard it's too difficult to find a training contract In the uk. However it's being said that the UK govt is planning to bring back the 2 year post study stay back. I just want to know how hard it is to find a job as a paralegal in the UK after gdl/lpc for an international student also, do firms sponsor paralegals for tier 2 visa?

Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :smile:

I'm afraid that this isn't my area of expertise, but please do feel free to tag me if you've not had any response in a couple of days, and I'll try to find someone who knows the answer :yep:
Reply 2
Hi there,I'm also trying to figure out the exact same thing.I'm non-eu citizen and a current PhD student and I'm thinking about leaving the PhD and doing a GDL. But I can't risk being unemployed after the expiration of my two year graduate visa. So I need to know if it is likely that firms would sponsor a skilled worker visa for a paralegal. Have you managed to get any info about it? Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending