Report 4 weeks ago
can i join? uni

entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
It was the point I was doing 3x the amount of work for single maths as for further that I realised I shouldn't be doing all the work (my single class were all taking further so it wasn't even like some people needed it to scrape a D or anything!)
Hopefully some drama, possibly some dance, not too sure atm, but I need something to keep me sane :lol: Had to give up my drama class at Christmas so having nothing for 6 month hasn't done me too much good...
:rofl:
maths and drama sounds like such an interesting mix:awesome: you could do a mathsy play
(Original post by Sinnoh)
I would like to preface this with:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Finished A-levels, so one place or another I'll be doing physics. I just wish I hadn't left any gaps in ability before going into some of my exams - especially FM1 and stats & mechanics. I wonder how avoidable that'll be at uni - guessing it won't be.

Oh and people doing Edexcel FS1 there's a wrong formula in the textbook. It should be P(X=n) = \dfrac{G^{(n)} _X (t)}{n!}. So I've learnt not to trust Edexcel's textbooks :facepalm:
:lol:
you'll be fine:hugs:
and my textbook has had a good few errors too smh
(Original post by syrup!)
app aqa is bi'tch to do
i do edexcel
i don't think it's that bad, i've done aqa for gcse maths though so maybe i'm used to it. i think edexcel papers look horrendous:hide:
(Original post by laurawatt)
What I will be doing next year: Doing A-levels :eek: hopefully in maths, fm, geography and chemistry :thumbsup:
What I've learnt not to do next year: Don't just read notes, mix up your revision methods, even if answering questions are boring :laugh:
One useful thing I've learnt this year: Sleep is good :yes:
an interesting choice in subjects:gah: are you still thinking of doing maths at uni?
mixing up revision methods is good, stops you getting bored:yep:
sleep is amazing but i never seem to get enough of it...
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bulletzone)
can i join? uni
you're very free to contribute to this thread if you've done uni exams, if that's what you mean
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
X
Naa drama is strictly extra curricular and non related to maths thanks I tend to go for musical theatre an you'd be surprised with the correlation between maths and music so there's more of us than you'd necessarily think :giggle:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
Naa drama is strictly extra curricular and non related to maths thanks I tend to go for musical theatre an you'd be surprised with the correlation between maths and music so there's more of us than you'd necessarily think :giggle:
you could have played a character who discovered the wonders of the pi sign:cry:
there is definitely something somewhat mathematical about music:yes: hopefully there'll be lots of mathsy people at the theatre/musical society at the uni you'll go:awesome:
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you could have played a character who discovered the wonders of the pi sign:cry:
there is definitely something somewhat mathematical about music:yes: hopefully there'll be lots of mathsy people at the theatre/musical society at the uni you'll go:awesome:
:rofl:
Yeah that would be nice!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Skeletonclique21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
good luck, i hope you get the results you want!! what a levels did you do and what are you hoping to do at uni?
thank you so much! I did biology (AQA), chemistry (OCR) and psychology (OCR). im hoping to do medicine and if i can't get in i would do psychology
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
thank you so much! I did biology (AQA), chemistry (OCR) and psychology (OCR). im hoping to do medicine and if i can't get in i would do psychology
ooh i hope it goes okay!! i'm hoping to do psychology at uni:yep:
i know youll smash it:hugs:
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
bumping in case there are other users who wish to reflect on exams:ninja:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (138)
13.48%
Excited (93)
9.08%
Worried (193)
18.85%
Terrified (234)
22.85%
Meh (78)
7.62%
Confused (29)
2.83%