The Student Room Group

A level options

I’m really indecisive and trying to decide on the best a levels.

I know 100% that I am doing English Lit and history,
but can’t decide between
-Religious studies (AQA)
-Politics (Edexcel)

The only one that I have experience with is RS which I found really easy and enjoyed at GCSE (although I obviously know it will be harder at A Level).

I also don’t care which one is the best subject for uni because I already have two facilitating subjects, I only care about enjoyment and interestingness.

Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
What are your career plans and what subject would be most relevant for that?

I don't personally take RS, politics or sociology although I have a couple of friends who take politics and they say it's a very stressful subject to take because politics is such a dynamic and ever-changing subject. I don't know anybody who does RS primarily because our school offers philosophy & ethics instead... And with sociology, the only thing I've heard is that it's a seemingly straightforward and easy subject, at least that's what I've heard. :smile:
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
does anyone know if Religious Studies or Politics is easier?
Original post by fathomsss
does anyone know if Religious Studies or Politics is easier?

That will vary from person to person, no one can tell you which one you will find easier. If you're staying at the same school you could think about the teachers you are likely to get for each, which subject gets better A level results (most schools publish A level results by subject on their websites) or start both and drop one after a few weeks when you have seen which one you prefer.

Quick Reply

Latest