The Student Room Group

Law Leeds for Magic Circle

Good afternoon, does anybody know if Leeds is a target uni for Magic Circle recruitment and if yes whether Manchester or Exeter would be better options?
Original post by enricop
Good afternoon, does anybody know if Leeds is a target uni for Magic Circle recruitment and if yes whether Manchester or Exeter would be better options?

With respect, it's not good etiquette on TSR to create multiple threads about very similar topics. Leeds, Manchester and Exeter are all perfectly good options for someone aiming for a career as a solicitor at a MC firm. They will all be targeted by Law firms - whether you make it into a MC firm will be more down to you - what A levels you have, what class of degree you have, what Law related activities you take part in at uni, how determined you are and how hard you are prepared to work. Going to one good uni over another good uni will not guarantee a training contract so you should really choose your uni using other factors such as which one you actually like the best
Original post by harrysbar
With respect, it's not good etiquette on TSR to create multiple threads about very similar topics. Leeds, Manchester and Exeter are all perfectly good options for someone aiming for a career as a solicitor at a MC firm. They will all be targeted by Law firms - whether you make it into a MC firm will be more down to you - what A levels you have, what class of degree you have, what Law related activities you take part in at uni, how determined you are and how hard you are prepared to work. Going to one good uni over another good uni will not guarantee a training contract so you should really choose your uni using other factors such as which one you actually like the best

My sincere apologises, I created an other thread for the only reason that I did not want to disturb the same people with similar questions anymore, not for a question of supposed unreliability. Thank you for the further clarification.
Original post by enricop
My sincere apologises, I created an other thread for the only reason that I did not want to disturb the same people with similar questions anymore, not for a question of supposed unreliability. Thank you for the further clarification.

It's ok, it's just that the same people will be reading all the threads in the Law forum anyway, so it's just neater to stick to one thread if you want to debate certain unis. I didn't mean my response to come across as grumpy but reading it back, it did a bit - so I apologise too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending