The Student Room Group

I'm year 9 going into year 10 - I want to revise through the summer but Idk how to

so basically I was crap all year and I want to do better ive got high ambitions but my work doesn't meet that. I usually use flashcards and notes to revise but I don't know how to put the information into notes and flashcards. is it like summaries on notes and facts on flashcards. please help. any advice :smile:) thank you!!!
Flashcards won't work if you're not a visual learner. I cannot stress this enough. Take a quiz on the internet to find out what kind of learner you are (visual, auditory or tactile). I only found out I was an auditory learner (meaning I work better by listening to things rather than writing or reading) at the start of Year 11, which is my revision up until that point had been virtually useless. I still used flashcards, but for my independent learning at home, I used to listen to voice notes of myself reading out notes, or listening to someone explain stuff on a YouTube video, or by having music in the background.

One trick won't work for everyone, so use this summer to find out what you are and what methods work for you. You don't really need to revise this summer, just prep yourself FOR the revision. :yes:
Original post by justrandomuser
so basically I was crap all year and I want to do better ive got high ambitions but my work doesn't meet that. I usually use flashcards and notes to revise but I don't know how to put the information into notes and flashcards. is it like summaries on notes and facts on flashcards. please help. any advice :smile:) thank you!!!

As you have not started the GCSE content what do you intend on revising (so I can give according techniques for the level of content that you want to revise)?
hey, thanks for your reply. I already have started the gcse content - I guess some schools just start early but yeah im already a year into the content
Salut, if I were you I would start by watching some youtube videos, and also making mind maps- this is what I did throughout year 11 and it worked well (I think; we’ll wait and see in 19 days!). Psychologically, the best thing that you can do is learn, and then summarise, the content. Summarise! Take a page and turn it into a couple of sentences. Or a list - whatever works best for you. Looking at charts of recollection, you should aim to review content within 48 hours of learning it (maybe just a short quiz), then again after a week, then after a month! Good luck!
Could I just ask what subjects you are studying and perhaps I could give some advice. But first of all I agree with Razzz, you have to discover what type of learner you really are. 😄

Good luck. (Btw I am also a year 9 going into year 10 🤔)
yeah I agree too! I tryna figure out a website which tells us what learner I am but most are not quite direct. I do maths, English, german, geography, religious ed, computing (rip), economics, bio, physics, chem :/ thanks for replying:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest