The Student Room Group

year 11

I am going into year 11 in September and i don't know what to do with my summer because i feel like i should revise because we have mocks in November but i also feel like its too early and so i am not sure when the right time to start revision is? i am also really scared that i am going to let my family down. my parents have really high expectations from my older brother who took his GCSEs in 2018 and i'm not as cleaver as him and i dont want to disappoint them.
You could revise if you wanted to, but do some light tasks. Although I would suggest that you review over aspects from Year 10 that you did not understand (especially in subjects like Maths) and bring yourself up to speed. You could also start to make revision resources, e.g. flashcards, meaning when it comes to your November mocks.

Essentially, don't over-worry about doing huge amounts of revision - do a small amount but I would say it would be much more beneficial for you to spend time understanding all of your content then making revision resources :smile:
Just relax. Make the best of your summer holiday and start revising when Y11 begins. You have more time than you think you do, but it's up to you to put in the effort for your GCSEs.

As already mentioned, it's always better to revise in short intervals rather than pulling off all-nighters. It's better for your memory retention and health, though you should still expect to give up your social life if you're going to be that committed. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest