The Student Room Group

Can we just talk about Year 11?

Being in Year 12, I'm slowly missing Year 11 which sounds pretty odd, I mean I'm glad I'm not doing ~10 GCSEs (especially not GCSE Music) anymore and enjoying my A-Levels and the Sixth Form I'm at, which is luckily connected to my Secondary school, so everything is not too 'new'.

It just felt like Year 11 was like a never-ending story that was enjoyable, I always remember walking home with friends through the park and nowadays I nearly always walk alone. I felt every day was never too dull as I always saw my friends and had lunch with them. I also miss some of my classes as they sometimes had pretty funny people that made the lesson slightly fun rather than boring.

I also wish I could go back to prom because I realise now how that was essentially the last time I saw everyone I knew properly. It was just an overall fun and enjoyable memory.

Now all of that is essentially 'gone' in Year 12. There's less people and majority of my friends have gone off to college and I haven't heard much. Idk what else to add I just want to talk with other ex-Year 11s about their experience. This just feels like one of those thoughts I have while staring at my ceiling in the pitch-black of night.

I can now see that 'everybody wants to rule the world' hits so differently
Reply 1
Original post by serterweryerper
Being in Year 12, I'm slowly missing Year 11 which sounds pretty odd, I mean I'm glad I'm not doing ~10 GCSEs (especially not GCSE Music) anymore and enjoying my A-Levels and the Sixth Form I'm at, which is luckily connected to my Secondary school, so everything is not too 'new'.

It just felt like Year 11 was like a never-ending story that was enjoyable, I always remember walking home with friends through the park and nowadays I nearly always walk alone. I felt every day was never too dull as I always saw my friends and had lunch with them. I also miss some of my classes as they sometimes had pretty funny people that made the lesson slightly fun rather than boring.

I also wish I could go back to prom because I realise now how that was essentially the last time I saw everyone I knew properly. It was just an overall fun and enjoyable memory.

Now all of that is essentially 'gone' in Year 12. There's less people and majority of my friends have gone off to college and I haven't heard much. Idk what else to add I just want to talk with other ex-Year 11s about their experience. This just feels like one of those thoughts I have while staring at my ceiling in the pitch-black of night.

I can now see that 'everybody wants to rule the world' hits so differently

As we grow up we always miss what we leave behind but it’s up to us to have a positive attitude and create new memories. Maybe just try staying in touch with your Year 11 mates.

Quick Reply

Latest