The Student Room Group
Reply 1
go for teh big paper and bright pens. go see the law sub forum, we have a big OCR law thread going, no need to read it all, just join in :smile:
I make colourful posters and stick them all around my room... I read the texts then find a fun way to rehearse it, i.e. drawing and colouring it in and then put it up around my room and bathroom so I see it everyday. Then I try and test myself on it, so i'll look at the title on the paper by the mirror in the bathroom and try and say everything concerned with that topic while I brush my teeth... Once I feel like I know that I chop and change the posters until I know it all :smile:
OCR Law wouldn't benefit me as I'm doing AQA
Reply 4
nevermindaboutme
OCR Law wouldn't benefit me as I'm doing AQA

ah rite. I didn't know that was on monday too. there are some AQA threads floating as well.
Its ok I've got everything down :biggrin:

Just trying to remember it and there's always something basic I forget.

Like in January I made up the trespassers act and still got a B!
Reply 6
Read notes then see if I can write them from memory... then as that gets too hard read notes look away and see if I can say them all aloud from memory... it works, for me anyway.
Reply 7
beginning to look at my last few exams and this has worked slightly worse for them...

However...i have learnt all of my stuff by doing exam papers. After each question, look at the mark scheme, and look at what you'd have got right...
I've been learning from mistakes...in the process it also teaches you how to answer the question.
Write my notes out all over again, in a slightly different way to make myself feel I'm doing something productive :P This year I was too efficient and re-wrote everything too early, so I had to condense it even further the week before into another set of notes. Worked though! I got me a merit :smile:
Reply 9
Sticking up notes about cases around the house seems to help me. Revision of cases is key in my opinion. Get a case for each key legal issue and everything falls into place. I'm doin AQA too and there is so much to learn. Good luck.
make notes from textbooks, sheets etc way in advance so you dont need to be looking thru sheets, text books.

Revise info then do a past paper questions on that topic. Use the question as part of revision.

Seems to be effective for topics like economics and history
All my notes, including defences and the essay is 12 pages =\
Reply 12
write out my notes

then re write them, then some more re-writing, usually followed by a bit more re writing, and sometimes a spot more after that

until i have effectively killed off an entire forest per exam session =/
Reply 13
Pastpapers and markscheme analysis

For memorising things, read through your notes throughly once, right before you sleep. Apparently your mind tosses the stuff around while you doze haha. Really works wonders for me though, memorised nearly 12 pages of text with about 3 repetitions of that technique.

Latest