The Student Room Group

Alevel Homeschooling

Hi guys - I study Maths Economics and sociology in my sixth form I’m in y12 and achieved DDD in my last mocks. I feel like sixth form is holding me back, my teachers aren’t too great and I don’t feel like I’m productive enough in lessons- nearly 3-4 hours a day is wasted on travelling, break times and independent studies. I sometimes revise during independent studies but most times I do get distracted. I cannot revise when I get home because I have a job. I feel miserable every single day. I’m thinking about homeschooling, where I can learn in my own time with a tutor and I think it’s much more beneficial. I don’t mind having no friends because I just really need A*AA to get into my goal university course- do you think that is achievable by then end of year 13? Of course I would be really strict during working hours and do a minimum of 3 hours a day of learning on top of tuition 2 times a week. I will be sitting my exams as private candidate and I’ve researched prices. Sorry for the rant 😥
But do you think homeschooling alevels are worth it?
You say "I sometimes revise during independent studies but most times I do get distracted." So why don't you try out revising during independent studies to see if you really would have the discipline it would take to work independently at home?
Reply 2
Original post by SilverPebble
You say "I sometimes revise during independent studies but most times I do get distracted." So why don't you try out revising during independent studies to see if you really would have the discipline it would take to work independently at home?

I’m not trying to make excuses for myself but it’s a really loud environment- there’s 20-30 people in a very small classroom with no control. I can’t focus in loud in loud environments. I’m trying it out for one week to see if I really do have the dicipline at home

Quick Reply

Latest