The Student Room Group

Should I get a remark?

Hi, hope you are all doing great!
So, I got a C in English Literature and I am one mark off a B.
However, I received the same amount of marks on each paper so I do not know which paper to get remarked. If I get both remarked it would be quite expensive for me...
I am a little confused as to what I should do; any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
whichever one is most useful to you, which one you thought you did the best in, whichever one you have the most interest in. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Ah, well the thing is I got the same amount of marks on each paper so the chances of my grade going up are pretty 50/50. My Uni place is not dependant on it or anything I just want better looking grades for my CV and other stuff like that. I thought about it and I am leaning towards getting paper one remarked as I wrote a lot more in that one than paper two so I feel like I might be able to retrieve a mark out of there. thanks anyway but i'm still really unsure if this is worth it or not.
Definitely. I’d get one remarked now and then wait to hear back. If there’s no change then try another remark (try request your school to help with the costs?
Original post by Jiminliet
Hi, hope you are all doing great!
So, I got a C in English Literature and I am one mark off a B.
However, I received the same amount of marks on each paper so I do not know which paper to get remarked. If I get both remarked it would be quite expensive for me...
I am a little confused as to what I should do; any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I am in the exact same boat with my Criminology as I was one mark off an A but obviously remarks are like crazy stupid expensive! I would recommend you try and think about which paper you did better on and then get the one you think you performed slightly worse on remarked. Your teachers should be able to help you a bit too and help you to make the best decision. Hope this helped! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest