The Student Room Group

can i do any science at a level with a 6 5 grade at combined science

pls tell me
Reply 1
Original post by anytingreengetsh
pls tell me

Ehhh, yes and no. Depends what science you want do, but really I believe 66+ is the best as even people with 9s last year in my school got an E in AS chemistry (an example)
pls tell me

You'll need to talk to your school/college that you wish to take the A level science at. A lot of schools will expect at least 66 if not higher for combined science as you've already learnt less than the separate science entrants.
pls tell me

It depends on the school / college your going to. Some schools require a minimum of 7 in the GCSE science subject if you want to study it at a-level. If that's the case, then you can't, unless they have a lot of free spaces.
Some schools or colleges might require a minimum of 6 in the GCSE science subject, so you might be fine there, but the fact that you've done a combined science means that you haven't covered any of the 3 topics in full. This might impact your chances of getting in.
Of course, you can still study them at home...
(edited 4 years ago)
kl thanks 4 that
Unlikely, but depends on how desperate sixth-forms and colleges are about filling their places. Ask yourself - With a 6- 5, how likely is it that your going to get a A*- B in A level Science Conversely im sure if you work hard and have conversations with your teachers, they may squeeze you in. I'd give you a 35- 40% chance of you being accepted into any science. But have a try and hopefully you'll get accepted. Good luck! NOTE - Bio and Chem are really HARD,don't get me started on physics! You've got to have the brains!

Quick Reply

Latest