The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for law??

I really want a successful career in law and find law to be really interesting and enjoyable. For GCSE I got 4 9's, 1 8 and 3 7's .
Ofc course you are!! Just do the exact same in A-levels-just remember any uni will accept you as you are paying for this education, which means that you can be easily accepted, they say that it is competitive but I have seen many people get accepted into prestigious unis with btec grades and Ds at a-levels
Also, if your unsure with what I am saying please research it if you want to, sometimes the situation can be different but I’m sure this is correct
What about top unis ??? Im interested in st Andrews, lse and kcl
For uni, a law course but for sixth form: eng lit, gov and politics and maybe maths or history
Johan, in your opinion would KCL accept someone with AAA when they asked for A*AA? I have heard they do that for other subjects en masse, but for law as well?

Also, I have the option of getting predicted A*A*A or A*AA, is there any harm in asking for the higher predicted grade in terms of universities etc less lenience if I only get AAA for KCL for example, other unis would be LSE, UCL, Oxford who would not be lenient regardless I know.
No contextual or extenuating, A*BB when asked for A*AA or AAA, I have heard other similar stories from KCL.

Why do I have to meet the higher grades, max unis will ask for is A*AA so I am leaning to the conclusion that there is no harm in taking the higher predicted grades when I am aiming for A*AA.

In your opinion, Bristol vs KCL, the latter would make 3/5 of my choices in London which is alright considering I live there and would stay at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending