The Student Room Group

i’m so stressed out about english literature

i’m going into year 10 soon and for the whole of year 9 we have done NOTHING on english language OR literature. we’ve done random books like “a monster calls” and “the hunger games” but we haven’t done any of our gcse books/ poems. my teacher has not taught us any techniques for paper 1 & 2 of language - i had to find out myself what was on the papers. ( same for lit)

my teacher is honestly the laziest person she only put films on for the remaining 2 months of year 9. we were supposed to start our gcse courses in year 9 and we picked our books in the beginning of the year, but that’s it. we never talked about the books again.

is this the case for anyone else? any advice? i’m so stressed out right now i’m guaranteed to flop literature :frown:
2 years is more than enough time to get through all the content. It seems pretty tight but you can do the course with the time left.

If you're paranoid, I'd suggest borrowing your novels from the library and making notes. Since you've got about a week left before school starts, pick one book (preferably the one you'll be studying first so it's fresh in your mind) and try and get a start on character analysis notes/quotations for themes. It might give you more of a peace of mind. :tongue:
Reply 2
Watch Mr Bruff on YouTube. He got me a grade 9 in Language and Literature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending