The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yep, I slowed down a lot after the first couple of days!
This thread really sorta got ... sidetracked :smile:

Anyway Marya, the simple, logical answer is this:

If you start at lunchtime and finish at 2am ... then surely starting at breakfast would result in you finishing hmm... 10-11pm? Hope that helped :smile:
Dr_Death
Well, I called myself Dr because when I log in it is easier to type than 'Doctor'. And Dr. Necro would confuse people.

Life on TSR wouldn't be the same without you, Dr_Death my friend :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 43
Dr_Death
Yep, I slowed down a lot after the first couple of days!

*Tuts* We can't have that happening again.
Reply 44
Onearmedbandit
This thread really sorta got ... sidetracked :smile:

Anyway Marya, the simple, logical answer is this:

If you start at lunchtime and finish at 2am ... then surely starting at breakfast would result in you finishing hmm... 10-11pm? Hope that helped :smile:

It NEVER takes me that long to do an essay, I swear :redface: =P I was having an off-day.*

*Spending too much time online; cooking and watching Arrested Development followed by an SATC double bill, in order to distract myself from having to do the pile of ****e I just handed in.
Reply 45
Good luck for your tute on your essay, if you have one!

I'm actually being really good and doing the reading for my essay now rather than Sunday morning, even though I'm ill and haven't attended my classes :redface:
Reply 46
F. Poste
Good luck for your tute on your essay, if you have one!

I'm actually being really good and doing the reading for my essay now rather than Sunday morning, even though I'm ill and haven't attended my classes :redface:

Thanks, I had it a little while ago actually! It went well though he didn't like my essay much. Oh well, what can ya do? I gotta get started on my second essay...due tomorrow >.< The tute's at Somerville actually! Ben Goold, in case you know him...

Good luck to you too...really tough, you! I took my tute off last week because I was ill, just don't overwork yourself. =)
Reply 47
IHavePMS
Thanks, I had it a little while ago actually! It went well though he didn't like my essay much. Oh well, what can ya do? I gotta get started on my second essay...due tomorrow >.< The tute's at Somerville actually! Ben Goold, in case you know him...

Good luck to you too...really tough, you! I took my tute off last week because I was ill, just don't overwork yourself. =)

Wooohoo Somerville :biggrin: (/excessive college pride)

By any chance, do you have a scary tutor who makes you take your shoes off before you go in her office?

Thanks for the luck, no fear about me overworking as I'm the stereotypical lazy English student :biggrin: :redface:
Reply 48
F. Poste
Wooohoo Somerville :biggrin: (/excessive college pride)

By any chance, do you have a scary tutor who makes you take your shoes off before you go in her office?

Thanks for the luck, no fear about me overworking as I'm the stereotypical lazy English student :biggrin: :redface:

Lol. We stood outside and watched the fireworks display you guys had from St Anne's because they wouldn't let us in anywhere else, how lame ='(

She's my moral tutor =P She's pretty cool; taught us intro to Law last year. She's quite paranoid about her carpet, but she has a nice room so it's understandable!

LAZY?! Most of the English students I know here (bar a couple) seem to work their arses off. The English students, Lawyers and Medics seem to be the only ones who spend their lives in their room ='(
Reply 49
IHavePMS
Lol. We stood outside and watched the fireworks display you guys had from St Anne's because they wouldn't let us in anywhere else, how lame ='(

She's my moral tutor =P She's pretty cool; taught us intro to Law last year. She's quite paranoid about her carpet, but she has a nice room so it's understandable!

LAZY?! Most of the English students I know here (bar a couple) seem to work their arses off. The English students, Lawyers and Medics seem to be the only ones who spend their lives in their room ='(

I was watching it too, I have lots of pictures of the fireworks now :biggrin:

My neighbour has your tutor and apparently she was really really scary to her for her first couple of tutes, but then she had a turn-around last tute and started being nice...

Perhaps it's just a Somerville tradition to have lazy English students, we're all pretty awful procrastinators and I've only ever seen an English student on deadline night once! Everyone makes fun of us as we have very little work compared to everyone else.. I think your college is a pretty big English college though so perhaps your tutors are harder on them then ours are on us! (on the other hand, we're a big English college too..)
Reply 50
F. Poste
I was watching it too, I have lots of pictures of the fireworks now :biggrin:

My neighbour has your tutor and apparently she was really really scary to her for her first couple of tutes, but then she had a turn-around last tute and started being nice...

Perhaps it's just a Somerville tradition to have lazy English students, we're all pretty awful procrastinators and I've only ever seen an English student on deadline night once! Everyone makes fun of us as we have very little work compared to everyone else.. I think your college is a pretty big English college though so perhaps your tutors are harder on them then ours are on us! (on the other hand, we're a big English college too..)

Darnit >=( Yeah, well...next tiiiiiime missy *shakes fist*

Hahaha. The freshers at our college have been complaining that she's been a little rash too....she probably has a lot on her mind, having written a book and whatnot. She was encouraging them to do Roman law! (which she doesn't teach) She was very nice to us, though she's a distant person to assign as a moral tutor...

Do you know any of the english students from St Anne's? They're all pretty cool but yeah, they're worked REALLY hard. One of them, a mate of mine, is an editor for Isis and the poor girl just ALWAYS seems to be busy ='( You all get the same exams in the end though, so it doesn't matter =P
Reply 51
IHavePMS
Darnit >=( Yeah, well...next tiiiiiime missy *shakes fist*

Hahaha. The freshers at our college have been complaining that she's been a little rash too....she probably has a lot on her mind, having written a book and whatnot. She was encouraging them to do Roman law! (which she doesn't teach) She was very nice to us, though she's a distant person to assign as a moral tutor...

Do you know any of the english students from St Anne's? They're all pretty cool but yeah, they're worked REALLY hard. One of them, a mate of mine, is an editor for Isis and the poor girl just ALWAYS seems to be busy ='( You all get the same exams in the end though, so it doesn't matter =P

I think I heard that she's responsible for the LNAT or something too, and had loads of scripts to mark? I don't know if my neighbour meant her or someone else..

I don't think I've ever met anyone from your college, I just remember that there was a college with an absurd amount of English students and I'm pretty sure it's Annes! I can't believe how different it must be there. We don't get worked hard at all, we get one tute, four classes and one compulsorary lecture a week, with nothing more than one essay and a bunch of short pieces or exercises for homework a week. Perhaps I should work harder if I want to get a good degree! :eek:
Reply 52
F. Poste
I think I heard that she's responsible for the LNAT or something too, and had loads of scripts to mark? I don't know if my neighbour meant her or someone else..

I don't think I've ever met anyone from your college, I just remember that there was a college with an absurd amount of English students and I'm pretty sure it's Annes! I can't believe how different it must be there. We don't get worked hard at all, we get one tute, four classes and one compulsorary lecture a week, with nothing more than one essay and a bunch of short pieces or exercises for homework a week. Perhaps I should work harder if I want to get a good degree! :eek:

Ouch! I should be nice then. Lol. She probably does, actually. We call her 'The Daddy'.

We do have ****loads of english students! Have you seen the Oxford Imps yet? Two of our english students perform with them! And I have no idea what their tutorial/lecture schedules are like but it's certainly more than one compulsory lecture a week ='( I don't think you need to work harder if it's working well for you so far (btw how did you do in Mods?), I think some of these people are just overworked. St Anne's seems to take their English teaching VERY seriously. Lol.
How are the tutors at St. Hugh's? :redface:
Reply 54
Onearmedbandit
How are the tutors at St. Hugh's? :redface:

Don't know anyone there =P

But since it's not St Anne's, I wouldn't tell you if I knew. HMPH. -.-
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't know .. I just wanted to say something :biggrin:
Reply 56
Dork =P
Reply 57
IHavePMS
Ouch! I should be nice then. Lol. She probably does, actually. We call her 'The Daddy'.

We do have ****loads of english students! Have you seen the Oxford Imps yet? Two of our english students perform with them! And I have no idea what their tutorial/lecture schedules are like but it's certainly more than one compulsory lecture a week ='( I don't think you need to work harder if it's working well for you so far (btw how did you do in Mods?), I think some of these people are just overworked. St Anne's seems to take their English teaching VERY seriously. Lol.

I've never heard of the Oxford Imps, what are they? I'm a first year so Mods are but a future worry :eek:
Reply 58
F. Poste
I've never heard of the Oxford Imps, what are they? I'm a first year so Mods are but a future worry :eek:

OOOH :biggrin: I hope you like comedy =P The Oxford Imps (visit their website http://www.oxfordimps.com/) are a bunch of students who perform improvised comedy. They have slots at the Wheatsheaf (pub) on the High Street every Monday night. My mate and I are loyal fans of theirs =D You should really see them, at least once, they're hilarious ='(

Mods, eh =P I could scare you ****less but seriously, they're not that bad. I managed a 2:1 on 2 hours of work a day, during the last week before the exams and so anybody could do them. It just *seems* scary because ooh the big bad scary examiners will be marking them and not your tutors...but they're fine. Really. :smile:
Reply 59
IHavePMS
OOOH :biggrin: I hope you like comedy =P The Oxford Imps (visit their website http://www.oxfordimps.com/) are a bunch of students who perform improvised comedy. They have slots at the Wheatsheaf (pub) on the High Street every Monday night. My mate and I are loyal fans of theirs =D You should really see them, at least once, they're hilarious ='(

Mods, eh =P I could scare you ****less but seriously, they're not that bad. I managed a 2:1 on 2 hours of work a day, during the last week before the exams and so anybody could do them. It just *seems* scary because ooh the big bad scary examiners will be marking them and not your tutors...but they're fine. Really. :smile:

I'll have to take some people down there in that case, sounds good :smile:

Cheers for that, I'm glad to hear that mods aren't too bad, particularly as I seem to have settled into a pattern of apathy despite the fact that before I came, I was raring to go and work really hard and get a first and become a professor :eek:

The boys are playing football in my corredor :eek: They'll all get Deaned soon.. (/random)

Latest

Trending

Trending