The Student Room Group

maths

hii guys im doing my gcse in 2020 and im doing really bad in math and want to do higher paper in the real gcse in order to go sixth form but my teachers said im doing foundation is there anyway in getting better in math before my gcse without tuition ASAP thankyouu
Reply 1
Basically what you want to do is do tonnes of past papers. They are literally worth gold when studying. In also doing my GCSE in 2020 and last year in year 10 we had mock mocks and before for revision i did a lot of maths papers and went over them finding out my weak areas then revised the heck out of them. As a result my grade before the mock mocks was at a level 7 and i managed to get a level 8+.
Reply 2
Original post by Polo-Fossil
hii guys im doing my gcse in 2020 and im doing really bad in math and want to do higher paper in the real gcse in order to go sixth form but my teachers said im doing foundation is there anyway in getting better in math before my gcse without tuition ASAP thankyouu

Dw most of the nation is crapt as well so don't sweat
Original post by Polo-Fossil

I started off year 10 concerned I'd get a rubbish grade but I had incredible teachers and in the end I got an 8. I've just started a levels and I can assure you practice is the key. the more practice you do, the less there will be to learn. give yourself a little 10 question test every other day with the same topics for 4 weeks. By the end, you won't even have to think about formulas like the quadratic formula or technique's like factorising quadratics. Practice papers are key because I know for so many people they can't afford tutors so if you don't understand something, try some questions and if there is a certain question you don't understand look at the answer and work backwards. Then if you're still confused, speak to your teachers. Go to any maths support at school and just practice. It's not about doing an hour every day. 5 to 10 minutes so 2,3 questions will be grand.

Quick Reply

Latest