The Student Room Group

Making my statement better!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mollysh24
Yes I was going to try to tie them into law or at least skills that could be useful to law. I suppose I could do myEPQ in law (if I would I’d do it on women in law but obviously a lot more specific) would that help ?

If the EPQ gave some genuine insight into the legal industry, that sounds like its got more to do with HR type stuff to me.

You have plenty of stuff all ready, the PS is not necessarily about having 500 activities.

You need to show subject passion, academic potential, and a desire for commitment and knowledge.

The PS is very short less than 2 A4 pages...

-The work experience will give you some good stuff to write 2/3 paragraphs about this on
-A paragraph about your A-level academics
-Paragraph about why law is of interest to you and your passion for it

These 3 things should be the bulk of your PS, coupled with a brief professional intro, 1 paragraph about super circulars where you can talk about hobbies etc and this will be fine. Focus on delivering the key areas perfectly, then writing about a dozen different things.
Reply 21
Original post by mnot
If the EPQ gave some genuine insight into the legal industry, that sounds like its got more to do with HR type stuff to me.

You have plenty of stuff all ready, the PS is not necessarily about having 500 activities.

You need to show subject passion, academic potential, and a desire for commitment and knowledge.

The PS is very short less than 2 A4 pages...

-The work experience will give you some good stuff to write 2/3 paragraphs about this on
-A paragraph about your A-level academics
-Paragraph about why law is of interest to you and your passion for it

These 3 things should be the bulk of your PS, coupled with a brief professional intro, 1 paragraph about super circulars where you can talk about hobbies etc and this will be fine. Focus on delivering the key areas perfectly, then writing about a dozen different things.

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending