The Student Room Group

HELP

my favorite subject is biology, but I end up with low marks for it. any advise tp improve my marks leading to my IGCSES
Reply 1
Go through each of the subject areas that you need to learn and watch some relevant videos on Youtube, sometimes seeing it explained like that can help you to retain the information more than just reading it.
Hey,

SO basically what I do for biology is draw a lot of visual diagrams ( which are fun to do and easier to memorise) and associate information with the drawn diagrams. For example, if you drew a diagram of the digestive system besides just labelling it you can whilst labelling add extra info; Stomach contains HCL which aids the digestion of proteins and provides a better PH environment for the protease enzyme. etc. Doing this helps a lot. Also trying to re-teach to someone what you just learnt helps (especially if you like biology as you share an interest in the information you are trying to convey) you can relay information to friends or family and explain it to them, which in turn actually arranges and organises the subject ideas and information in your own brain. Its a winning situation. :biggrin:.
Another thing which is easy to do is to quiz the clever people or the well-informed. Often they will give you a decent explanation or a role model answer which you need to take on board and memorise yourself.
Lastly watching biology based documentaries or youtube videos enables you to learn whilst apply some of your own knowledge to scenarios in the videos!!

Anyways hope this sort of helps! Ask if you have any queries! :smile: :wink: good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending