The Student Room Group

Should I get a remark?

On results day, I was 6 marks off an A* in AQA a level history. My school sent one of the papers for a remark, and it increased by 3 marks but left me still 3 marks off the A*.

I needed an A for uni so the A* wouldn’t affect my further education, but I’m not sure whether to send my other paper for a remark as 3 marks off is relatively close for a subjective subject. I was also working at an A* grade for most of year 13 and worked incredible hard for history, so I would have loved an A* for my own personal satisfaction if nothing else.

I’m also worried that if I don’t get it remarked, it will bug me and I’ll be left thinking ‘what if?’. But then again if I do remark, it will be a waste of money if it doesn’t go up, and I’m also scared my school/others will think I’m ungrateful over the grade I do have and that I’m obsessing over it when I should move forward to uni.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated, TIA
Reply 1
Original post by onlyangel7
On results day, I was 6 marks off an A* in AQA a level history. My school sent one of the papers for a remark, and it increased by 3 marks but left me still 3 marks off the A*.

I needed an A for uni so the A* wouldn’t affect my further education, but I’m not sure whether to send my other paper for a remark as 3 marks off is relatively close for a subjective subject. I was also working at an A* grade for most of year 13 and worked incredible hard for history, so I would have loved an A* for my own personal satisfaction if nothing else.

I’m also worried that if I don’t get it remarked, it will bug me and I’ll be left thinking ‘what if?’. But then again if I do remark, it will be a waste of money if it doesn’t go up, and I’m also scared my school/others will think I’m ungrateful over the grade I do have and that I’m obsessing over it when I should move forward to uni.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated, TIA

Go for the remark, 3 marks shouldn’t be too difficult to gain.

Don’t worry about what others think at the end of the day it’s your grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Sm9988
Go for the remark, 3 marks shouldn’t be too difficult to gain.

Don’t worry about what others think at the end of the day it’s your grades.

Thanks! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest