The Student Room Group

Seamed stockings

Scroll to see replies

I am a medic so we are all always in shirts and trousers as guys - never seen any of the females in seamed stockings

this is such a strange thing to be thinking about / talking about at 23:30 haha
OMG. All I can say is thank god I dont wear seamed stockings.
Would not want to be charecter assassinated like some previous poster was by Bex 94.
I have worn seemed stockings for formal occassions such as the opera and balls to add some drama, but would probably not wear them everyday, nude or sheer hold-ups seem more appropriate to me, but you should do what you enjoy!
Original post by Sophie_kiss
I have worn seemed stockings for formal occassions such as the opera and balls to add some drama, but would probably not wear them everyday, nude or sheer hold-ups seem more appropriate to me, but you should do what you enjoy!

I totally agree.
A woman after my own heart.
If you want to wear them for work then do so .You are wearing them because YOU want to wear them not for anyone else.I`m sure you will receive good comments and you will ignore any that are not,it`s time women wore stockings as a matter of course and put the notion that they are just for the bedroom or for whores.They are not,they are a feminine article of clothing,and it`s time women realized this and took back their feminism,and not be dictated by social norms.
Original post by desserteer
If you want to wear them for work then do so .You are wearing them because YOU want to wear them not for anyone else.I`m sure you will receive good comments and you will ignore any that are not,it`s time women wore stockings as a matter of course and put the notion that they are just for the bedroom or for whores.They are not,they are a feminine article of clothing,and it`s time women realized this and took back their feminism,and not be dictated by social norms.

Well said!
I love wearing seamed stockings with a lovely pleated skirt,
It's amazing how many looks and good comments you get
Original post by username4946380
Last night I attended a formal dinner.
I wore a black cocktail dress, teamed with fully fashioned black seamed stockings.
What did surprise though was the amount of people that made comments about my stockings, I hasten to add nothing detrimental.
I thought that there popularity these days was on the increase, and more girls were wearing them.
Perhaps it was a one off, but are there many girls out there that wear seamed stocking who have come across similar scenarios?
I would love to hear.

Glad you had a positive experience,I wear fully fashioned stockings for work ,I get lovely comments

Quick Reply

Latest