The Student Room Group

Am I a competitive applicant for Warwick Economics?

I am really scared and upset about the thought of not getting Warwick Economics.
GCSE: 6A*'s 4 A's 1C (ina language)

However, for my AS Levels, I feel like a flopped. I got A in Chemistry, B in maths, B in economics and B in biology. I was close to A's in all 3 of them, which is such a shame.

Have I ruined my chances for Economics? I don't even mind applying for Economics and Industrial Organisation if It gives me a better chance.
Does it just look like im declining Academically? Is ABBB bad?

Please help me, i'm really upset!
Those are just your AS results though, right? There is a shot of redemption at A2?
Warwick asks for A*AA, with an A in mathematics.
I do not want to discourage you, but it is an extremely competitive university for economics, so there are bound to be people applying with a couple A*s, maybe even straight A*s!
But this should not mean that you just give up, but rather motivate you to work harder and achieve stellar grades at A2. Perhaps drop a science, and focus on achieving amazing grades for econ, maths and whichever science you choose to keep?
Also.. Although I do expect you to focus on growing your grades & redeeming yourself at A2, remember to do a lot of further reading for economics as well as build yourself as a character, build your CV to show Warwick that there is more to you than just academia.
Reply 2
Original post by confuzzledteen
Those are just your AS results though, right? There is a shot of redemption at A2?
Warwick asks for A*AA, with an A in mathematics.
I do not want to discourage you, but it is an extremely competitive university for economics, so there are bound to be people applying with a couple A*s, maybe even straight A*s!
But this should not mean that you just give up, but rather motivate you to work harder and achieve stellar grades at A2. Perhaps drop a science, and focus on achieving amazing grades for econ, maths and whichever science you choose to keep?
Also.. Although I do expect you to focus on growing your grades & redeeming yourself at A2, remember to do a lot of further reading for economics as well as build yourself as a character, build your CV to show Warwick that there is more to you than just academia.

Yeah, I will 100% redeem myself. No doubt! But I need the offer first. I qualify for the contextual offer also. Does that increase my chances?
don't worry too much on your predicted grades, you will most likely still recieve an offer, allthough you will have to work hard to actually achieve those grades!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending