The Student Room Group

Applying to Warwick CS

Hey everyone, I received a rough estimate of my predictions (AAA / A*AA) in Computer Science, Mathematics and Economics respectively.

I am also eligible for Contextual at the universities i am applying to:
Warwick (A*A*A -> AAA)
Birmingham (A*AA -> AAB)
Bristol (A*AA -> AAB)
King's College London (A*A*A -> AAA)

However, I am having doubts in whether i will be rejected.

For example, My GCSEs were not so strong:
8 in Maths
7 in Computer Science
7-6 in Combined Science
6 in English Lit / Lang, Business, DT, RS,
4 in German

And I regret choosing Economics over Further Maths

Given these GCSEs Grades and my Predictions (which will be dependant on the leniency of the teacher i have), should i amend my uni applications or not? Especially for Warwick as i do have a genuine passion to attend there.
I would go for it but I would look for a final choice on your list that has lower requirements (eg Surrey or Cardiff) just as a decent backup plan.
Reply 2
Remember that you do not have to apply until January - whatever your school tells you.

Wait. This will give you more time to start the 2nd year of A levels and work out if those predicted grades are realistic or not. Remember, applying to all competitive Unis is risky - regardless of your predicted grades / entry requirements - and 'all 5' rejections for something like CS is a real possibility. It would be wise therefore to include a non-RG Uni choice with much lower entry requirements - Sussex, Surrey, City etc.
Reply 3
Original post by totallyfine
I would go for it but I would look for a final choice on your list that has lower requirements (eg Surrey or Cardiff) just as a decent backup plan.

Original post by McGinger
Remember that you do not have to apply until January - whatever your school tells you.

Wait. This will give you more time to start the 2nd year of A levels and work out if those predicted grades are realistic or not. Remember, applying to all competitive Unis is risky - regardless of your predicted grades / entry requirements - and 'all 5' rejections for something like CS is a real possibility. It would be wise therefore to include a non-RG Uni choice with much lower entry requirements - Sussex, Surrey, City etc.

Thank you both for responding, I've been racking my brain about it alot. Like McGinger said, i would give it more time until December to see where i wanna attend for uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending