The Student Room Group

Law offer leniency

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any universities that are known to be lenient with missed offers on results day for law. This is because i still want to go to a good uni but the chances are that there requirements are set at AAA, although i know that they may accept near misses on results day ( this is to help me choose my insurance choice ). I would rather not put three A’s as my insurance but still would like to go somewhere good. Stories on personal experience would be very helpful, thanks:wink:
the only ones that i know of that are strict are the top schools i.e. oxbridge, durham, ucl, kcl, lse

most AAA llb courses have a good leniency e.g. Mancs, Notts, Exeter etc
Original post by skylarwalker
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any universities that are known to be lenient with missed offers on results day for law. This is because i still want to go to a good uni but the chances are that there requirements are set at AAA, although i know that they may accept near misses on results day ( this is to help me choose my insurance choice ). I would rather not put three A’s as my insurance but still would like to go somewhere good. Stories on personal experience would be very helpful, thanks:wink:

This is the list of unis normally asking for A/B grades for Law that were in Clearing this year, and the grades they went down to. It does not necessarily mean that they will be in Clearing next year or accept people with the same grades, but it gives you some idea which ones could be lenient with near misses.

Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB reportedly accepted BBC
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC/BCC UEA, RHUL, Keele, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
QMUL indicative grade requirement of AAA
SOAS LLB BBB/BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Newcastle LLB ABB
Cardiff .....LLB ABB reportedly BBC
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving BBB reportedly BBC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending