The Student Room Group

Epq grade

hi,

i just got my EPQ grade today and i’m worried it’s not high enough. i got a 43/54 and previous years this has been an A grade but for the years before 44 has been an A grade. my university offer relies on me getting an A grade. will they still accept me if i’m one mark off??
Reply 1
Original post by Gera1dine
hi,

i just got my EPQ grade today and i’m worried it’s not high enough. i got a 43/54 and previous years this has been an A grade but for the years before 44 has been an A grade. my university offer relies on me getting an A grade. will they still accept me if i’m one mark off??

Hi. They don't have to accept you if you don't meet the offer but they might still accept you if there are still places left on the course or if they liked other aspects of your application (A Level grades, Personal Statement, etc). The official grade boundaries aren't out until later in the year, so you may still get an A - Just because 44 was the cut-off last year, it doesn't mean it will be this year. If it turns out that you do need 44 for an A this year, you can appeal your result but remember that this means your mark can go up, down or remain the same so it is a gamble. If they have places in clearing for your course, you can always phone them up on A Level results day and see if they'll still take you.
Is this for aqa? I got 45 last year and this was an a*
Reply 3
Original post by Emmmaaaa...

I don't think so. AQA is out of 50 whereas OP is saying their mark is out of 54.
Ah yes good point
I'd forgotten it was out of 50.

Original post by Iosifina05
I don't think so. AQA is out of 50 whereas OP is saying their mark is out of 54.
Reply 5
Original post by Iosifina05
Hi. They don't have to accept you if you don't meet the offer but they might still accept you if there are still places left on the course or if they liked other aspects of your application (A Level grades, Personal Statement, etc). The official grade boundaries aren't out until later in the year, so you may still get an A - Just because 44 was the cut-off last year, it doesn't mean it will be this year. If it turns out that you do need 44 for an A this year, you can appeal your result but remember that this means your mark can go up, down or remain the same so it is a gamble. If they have places in clearing for your course, you can always phone them up on A Level results day and see if they'll still take you.

thank you!
Reply 6
yes this is for aqa! really well done <3 though im assuming its because of the lenience that came with exams during covid
Original post by Emmmaaaa...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending