The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

University of Salford

How is university of Salford? As for the student life, I’ve heard it’s a part of Manchester so it’s pretty great. Is it true? I want to do social policy and it’s rated okay for it. But is it worth it?
Reply 1
Hey. For social life you will have plenty of opportunities to socialize because you will be based in Manchester. When it comes to the second part of your statement I would say no, it’s not worth doing it. While it has a decent ranking in the study of social policy I think you have to take into consideration the reputation of the university. Overall, I would say that it is a university that is extremely low rated, and just by browsing the entry requirements for the course, as well as the description used to describe the course, I would not regard it is as a good university for this course.

If Salford is the best university you can get into, I would - in all due respect - go back to college and redo your A-levels and aim for higher grades. The reason I say this is because a degree from Salford is not going to open future doors for you and, if anything, it will restrain your future job progression.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Hi Anonymous!

Studying at Salford is an excellent choice if you're looking for somewhere exciting and interesting to live whilst you study. Not only do we have the City Centre of Manchester only a 20 minute walk from our main campus, you can also travel to MediaCityUK in Salford Quays for free with your student card on one of the bus routes that stops directly outside our main campus. Where our main campus is situated keeps you connected to a wide range of fantastic theatres, cinemas, places to eat, museums, galleries and nightlife.

Our Social Policy course has received some great statistics via UniStats, with all of our statistics regarding the course's teaching coming above 80% - students felt that the course was interesting, stimulating and explained well. 80% of our Social Policy students also go on to work or continue to take on further study after graduating.

We'd suggest popping along to a future Open Day so you can find out more about the course you are interested in, have a look round our main campus and meet our student ambassadors who can chat to you about their experiences studying at Salford. You can book onto an Open Day directly on our website here: https://beta.salford.ac.uk/undergraduate/open-days

Otherwise feel free to reach out to us on any of our social media if you have any more questions about studying with us! :smile:

Kind regards,
Helena
Student Social Media Assistant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending