The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Official University of Salford Applicants Thread 2024

Hi Everyone!

I hope the start of your year is going well, and you're finding the start of your applicant journey setting off on a good route :h:

We wanted to create a space for anyone applying to us to start getting to know us, each other, and anything about the university that you'd like to know! You're welcome to use this thread to chat with us about anything applications/student life/general vibes of Salford and we'll answer everything to the best of our ability.

Lets get us started off with a few questions to get the ball rolling - what course (or courses!) have you applied for? How're you feeling about the new academic year? Is there anything you're particularly excited (or anxious) about to do with University?

Speak soon!
Becky and Jonny
University of Salford Reps
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Salford Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Salford.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
I am 47 years old and applying to do learningdissability nursing and social work at Salford. I have functional skills level2 maths and English and a Foundation Degree inCriminology and Criminal Justice. I worked for 4years with service users who have mental healthproblems and learning disability, I have 4 childrenwho are all adults now, 2 of them were diagnosedwith ADHD and are on the spectrum, I was a carerto them for years so have plenty of experiencebeing around behaviours that can be challenging.
Original post by Bipsy
I am 47 years old and applying to do learningdissability nursing and social work at Salford. I have functional skills level2 maths and English and a Foundation Degree inCriminology and Criminal Justice. I worked for 4years with service users who have mental healthproblems and learning disability, I have 4 childrenwho are all adults now, 2 of them were diagnosedwith ADHD and are on the spectrum, I was a carerto them for years so have plenty of experiencebeing around behaviours that can be challenging.

Hello @Bipsy

Great to hear you're applying to us!

If you've got any questions let us know and we'll be happy to have a chat.

Best wishes,
Matt - University of Salford Representative
Hi! May I ask will any threads about Salford affect one’s application? (Given that Salford uni reps will be looking into tsr) As I notice there were some posts related to application, may I know if they will benefit or disqualify those applicants?
Original post by usernamecsk
Hi! May I ask will any threads about Salford affect one’s application? (Given that Salford uni reps will be looking into tsr) As I notice there were some posts related to application, may I know if they will benefit or disqualify those applicants?

Hi @usernamecsk,

We don't take any threads from The Student Room into consideration. All applications are dealt by our admissions team who only look at your application and personal statement! We as reps are only here to support where we can and answer your questions 🙂

Hope this helps!

Jonny
University of Salford Rep
Hi I have applied for Salford University and have been offered an interview. I am after more information on course structure, assessments and modules delivered on the Physiotherapy course. Can anyone advise on the best way to get hold of this information please 🙏
Reply 7
Join the buddy’s on their website and hopefully one will do physiotherapy, I had a buddy who did the same course I wanted to do and they were a huge help, I’ve copied and pasted the chats we had so I can look over it.
Original post by Bipsy
Join the buddy’s on their website and hopefully one will do physiotherapy, I had a buddy who did the same course I wanted to do and they were a huge help, I’ve copied and pasted the chats we had so I can look over it.

Oh great thank you will have a look now 😊
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1
Oh great thank you will have a look now 😊

https://unibuddy.co/pwa/university-of-salford/buddies/students
Reply 10

I hope someone is doing physiotherapy hun and they can help you and answer your questions
Hi I have applied for Salford University and have been offered an interview. I am after more information on course structure, assessments and modules delivered on the Physiotherapy course. Can anyone advise on the best way to get hold of this information please 🙏

Hello,

You can find out about our course structure, including the modules that you will be studying across the 3 year full time course on our website (link below).

https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/physiotherapy

We also provide information on our facilities and placement opportunities as well as advice and guidance on how to apply to our institution.

If you have any specific questions do not hesitate to get in touch on here and one of our reps may be able to assist you further, you can also contact our course enquiries team who should be able to answer questions for you via email.

Email: [email protected]

Best wishes,
Matthew - University of Salford Rep
Wondering if any offers have been received for midwifery yet? I interviewed in November and really hoping to attend Salford.
Reply 13
the university of salford what an amazing place
Original post by University of Salford
Hi Everyone!

I hope the start of your year is going well, and you're finding the start of your applicant journey setting off on a good route :h:

We wanted to create a space for anyone applying to us to start getting to know us, each other, and anything about the university that you'd like to know! You're welcome to use this thread to chat with us about anything applications/student life/general vibes of Salford and we'll answer everything to the best of our ability.

Lets get us started off with a few questions to get the ball rolling - what course (or courses!) have you applied for? How're you feeling about the new academic year? Is there anything you're particularly excited (or anxious) about to do with University?

Speak soon!
Becky and Jonny
University of Salford Reps

Hi, i'm currently doing my undergrad at York and am considering doing my masters at Salford. Originally I was planning to commute as I live quite close, but not sure I want to be living at home after 3 years living independently. I was wondering about accommodation choices at Salford for postgrads since 90% of York's accom is for freshers and what the average rent price is since I'm currently paying £200 a week which there is no chance of me paying with the masters loan. Thanks 🙂
Has any one heard for midwifery after interview?
Original post by Student5757
Has any one heard for midwifery after interview?

No I haven’t heard anything yet, been biting my nails for months 😂 good luck to us both.
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi, i'm currently doing my undergrad at York and am considering doing my masters at Salford. Originally I was planning to commute as I live quite close, but not sure I want to be living at home after 3 years living independently. I was wondering about accommodation choices at Salford for postgrads since 90% of York's accom is for freshers and what the average rent price is since I'm currently paying £200 a week which there is no chance of me paying with the masters loan. Thanks 🙂

Hello,

The accommodation partner company that we work with directly looks after our Peel Park Campus accommodation and our John Lester and Eddie Colman accommodations. Both of these facilities are mainly aimed towards undergraduate pupils at the University.

What I would recommend is looking at other private accommodation companies that are located around Peel Park Campus; IQ student accommodation is a site located just off our campus and does have availability for Postgraduate students. Like I said this is a private accommodation company so does not work directly with our institution so I would not be able to give you too much information however this is a link to their website.

I hope this helps.
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep
I have an unconditional offer for Bsc Physiotherapy starting Sept 2024. Any other allied health students had an offer yet?
I have an unconditional offer for Bsc Physiotherapy starting Sept 2024. Any other allied health students had an offer yet?

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer to our Physiotherapy course. We have our offer holder days coming up in March, this would be a really good chance to get a better look at the course itself but also meet other potential allied health students.

You can book onto the day here.

Hope to see you there,
Matt ~ University of Salford rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending